yoon haneul ;; the best of us (past ver).

" a place with you is a warm home. "

.
.
.
.
.

" a very good morning to all students of seoul high, and welcome back to school. "

in all her four years of existing in high school, haneul had never, ever paid attention to the PA system nor the person speaking into it. to her, it was just a trivial thing that made cameos in her life and played its role as minor inconvenience.

but today...

" holy shit, " she grabbed xiaoxiao's wrist, her eyes widening, the corners of her mouth curling upwards into a huge grin, " do you hear that ? "

the latter frowned. " the PA system ? "

" the guy behind it ! " she exclaimed, " shit, his voice sounds so good ! "

impossible, xiaoxiao's frown turned deeper. " how is it— how is it even good ? i— never mind. do you wanna stalk him ? "

" stalk him ? "

she pulled a bunch of keys out of her pocket. " i stole this from mr moon when he threw me in detention last week. we can go to the PA system control room to have a look— maybe you'll see that he's an ugly guy and suddenly stop being whipped for him. "

" nah, i'm sure he's hot ! now come on ! "

with that, haneul dragged xiaoxiao towards the control room, ready to stalk her crush (whom she just started crushing on a few seconds ago).

after a few days of stalking, the two girls finally found the owner of the voice whom haneul deemed cute but xiaoxiao deemed strange.

[ note : xiaoxiao has no taste bye ]

it was their classmate, jaehyun, a transferee from busan who just popped in this year. according to seokmin, the school's centre of gossip, he instantly turned into a celebrity as soon as he stepped into school because of his perfect looks, grades and attitude. according to more gossip, the teacher named him the leader of the PA system team because she was whipped for his voice too.

" i would date him if i could, too, " seokmin admitted, " but i think he's not really into boys. "

" hm, does that mean i have more chance ? " haneul asked.

" you do, but so do the five hundred other girls in this school. " xiaoxiao sighed.

just then, the familiar opening song of the PA system rang across the class, signalling that a report was about to be made. haneul grabbed xiaoxiao's wrist and dragged her out of the class, sprinting towards the control room at top speed— a ritual she started practicing in order to see his pretty face while he spoke.

this time, they were late. when they got there, the room was already empty, and the recess bell had already rung. students clamoured out of their classrooms and crowded the corridors, accidentally squeezing the girls into the room.

xiaoxiao eyed the control panel of the PA system, noticing that the microphone was still on. a devious glint lit up her eyes as she sat down in front of it, blocking it from haneul's view while clearing her throat.