jang seulchae ++ liu xiaoxiao ;; nothing in particular.

" i really cherish you, you know. "

.
.
.
.
.

chae was in charge of a lot of things, but never had she ever been in charge of so many things before.

one : meet the new ceo of neo zone industries.

two : be the secretary of the new ceo of neo zone industries.

three : fetch her online friend from the airport.

four : try to convince her new ceo to give her online friend a job at neo zone industries.

five : and more stuff.

" well then. " she sighed as she hurriedly lifted the huge poster that said LIU XIAOXIAO as the next wave of flight passengers came out of the airport terminal.

a loud scream could be heard from amongst the crowd as an unnaturally tall girl waved excitedly and rushed forward, tackling her in a hug. the two girls laughed as they squeezed each other as tightly as they could, finally being able to meet and hug each other in person.

" finally ! " xiaoxiao grinned, " come on, let's go ! "

" one company tour, coming right up. " chae grinned, hoping her new boss wasn't a nitpick like doyoung was.

speaking of which, she hadn't gotten a single call all morning, when she was clearly late to fetch them from... well, wherever she was supposed to fetch them from. she shrugged the matter away and clung to xiaoxiao's arm as they exited the airport and headed to get a cab.

just then, chae's phone chimed loudly. she took it out and saw a single text from an unknown number :

no need to fetch me. i have somewhere else to go to.

the profile picture was a very, very cute boy in a basketball jersey, with a smile that could melt anyone's heart. the username was a string of incoherent letters that made no sense at all, and this person didn't even bother to put a display name or whatever sort of information that identified who they were.

" oh my god, " she found herself in awe at her new boss's look, " xiaoxiao, look. "

her best friend leaned over to have a look. she nodded, breaking into a grin. " he's cute. "

" he's my new coworker ! " chae squealed excitedly, " imagine working alongside such a hot guy ! i bet doyoung will be jealous he settled with ahn instead of someone as hot as... whoever this guy is ! "

their cab stopped in front of the office building if neo zone industries after a few more minutes or so. both girls got out, thanked the driver, then headed straight up.

" so, " xiaoxiao said as she walked down the corridor of the office, " what do you do ? ceo ? cfo ? coo ? general manager ? "

chae suddenly remembered what her friend had told her while they were texting last week : she was sent to seoul because her parents wanted her to take time off being the ceo of a huge chinese company and experience life in korea.

a sudden wave of self-consciousness washed over her as she lowered her head a little, trying not to let xiaoxiao see her expression. she forced herself to put on a fake, confident smile as she nodded, " yeah. ceo. "

" oh, " somehow, she seemed a little taken aback by that answer, but she didn't say much about it. " impressive. "

" yeah, " chae grinned. a devilish idea formed in her head as she did so.

her boss wasn't here yet.

so why not be the boss until he was here ?

" lemme show you my office. "

she took xiaoxiao's hand and guided her down the long corridor until they stopped in front of a dark mahogany door. the name plaque on the door was empty, which chae was eternally grateful for.

she pushed the door open, revealing a beautiful office with floor-to-ceiling windows that gave them a view of the bustling city below them. a grey couch sat in a corner, with a teak coffee table set out in front of it, and a wall lined from top to bottom with books arranged neatly in bookshelves. a huge office desk and chair was set out in front of the bookshelves, with a nice computer that had a huge screen and a keyboard that looked like it would click very loudly (and satisfyingly) when the user pressed onto it.

" this is my office, " she grinned, " so, what position do you want ? "

" position ? " xiaoxiao zoned out for a moment before realising what she was saying, " oh yeah ! you sure you can do that ? i mean... it's kinda... not... that good, you know... "

" i'm sure it'll be fine ! " she smiled, " didn't your parents want you to experience life ? you can start by working with me ! "

the former was about to say something when her phone rang. she quickly excused herself and headed out to take the call, leaving chae inside, alone.

oh, she sure hoped her new boss wasn't coming in anytime sooner. she had a feeling she wouldn't be able to keep the act up any longer.

mm, bad timing. her phone rang as well.

cute ceo 😻

" hello ? "

the voice on the other end of the line made her freeze in place. she slowly turned towards the door, where xiaoxiao was standing. the latter was slowly turning towards her as well, an awkward, apologetic smile etched on her face as she said,

" sorry, should've told you. "

" you're my new boss ?! "

" y....eah.... i guess ? "

" but that cute boy on the profile picture— "

" is my boyfriend, xuxi. "

" and the text i got while we were walking ! you definitely didn't send that ! "

" i sent that before i boarded the plane. it must've been stuck on sending because i put my phone on airplane mode. "

" FUCK ! " chae facepalmed. " god, xiaoxiao, i'm so sorry, i just— i didn't wanna look bad in front of you, i— "

" it's fine, " xiaoxiao grinned, " we can switch jobs when i get tired of 'experiencing life', and you'll get to be the ceo for real. like i said, what's mine is yours— including the entire korean branch of my company. "

// yeah no i'd totally give an entire company to gabi too 😍 butihavetheshrutivirushelp //