moon gabi ;; round 2.

" i'd choose you over all the riches in the world. "

.
.
.
.
.

when the both of them arrived back at gabi's rented apartment, it was already dark. they quickly took showers and changed into comfy clothes before plopping themselves onto the couch, sighing simultaneously.

" we should've gotten dinner on our way back. " donghyuck mumbled, feeling his stomach growl.

gabi sighed again and stood up, grabbing her purse from the table. " i'll go get something from the seven-eleven downstairs. "

without even giving him a chance to pick his food, she stalked out of the apartment and closed the door, locking him in. he pouted and returned to his natural state of doing nothing on the couch.

just as he was drifting off into sleep, the sound of the doorbell ringing woke him back up. he groaned in frustration before getting up and heading towards the door, catching a glimpse of the keys on the dining table.

she forgot to bring her keys. how dumb.

donghyuck grabbed said keys and began fumbling around with them, trying to open up the door. his newly-gained cat claws were of no help at all, only adding to the problem as he tried his best to find the right key.

but before he could even slide the key into the keyhole, the door opened. there was a subtle click in the lock, indicating that it had been picked and possibly destroyed, which raised a lot of red flags.

gabi can pick locks ?!

no. it wasn't gabi.

men dressed in serious black suits and sunglasses barged into the house, grabbing him by his shoulders and forcefully pressing him onto the ground. one of them took out a taser and turned it on, and before he could react to that, a sharp pain shot through his entire body.

it was mind-numbing. it was burning hot. it was painful. so fucking painful.

donghyuck managed to wriggle out of the hunters' grasps as he fell to the floor, gasping in pain. the man holding the taser laughed as he knelt down to face him, his smile resembling that of a sadistic maniac's.

" hello there. " the man muttered in a low voice, " i was looking for a girl. didn't expect to see you here. god loves giving me bonuses, doesn't he ? "

he wanted to say something, but the pain was too bad. all he could do was lie on the floor, desperately clawing around for something to hold onto as he felt himself start to asphyxiate.

" oh well. once i catch her, i'll bring the both of you back. selling you both should earn me enough money to buy something nice.... a helicopter, perhaps ? or— "

before he could continue raving about the things he could buy with the money he could earn, the sound of knives slashing against flesh could be heard along with the surprised yelp of the man and the sound of a body thumping onto the floor. donghyuck felt warm liquid drip onto his face, slowly trickling down his cheeks. warm liquid that smelled like iron and was red in colour.

blood.

out of the corner of his closing eyes, he saw gabi sprinting around the house, taking care of the rest of the hunters present. she looked like a sprite, a vicious, bloodthirsty sprite that moved at light speed, flitting amongst the crowd, slashing their necks open with just a small knife in hand.

she finished the men off just in time to rush to his aid, slowly helping him sit up. he leaned on her shoulder weakly as he tried to catch his breath, making sense of the series of events that had just happened before his eyes.

" wh... "

" shh, hey, " she shushed him gently, giving his shoulders a squeeze, " it's fine. get some rest. "

how the hell am i supposed to get some rest if i'm sitting on the floor, leaning on some girl that's, like, half my weight ?!

he wanted to snark her. roast her, perhaps. at least try to tell her how cool she looked when she was slashing those men up.

but he was slowly losing consciousness.

and before he could signal her or anything, his vision went dark.

// if i turn this into a book— //