📌33

(edited)

It's been rather hectic once we came back from Fajardo.

I've been trying to catch up on my studies. It's been hard and nearly impossible, but my professors have been understanding and I managed to finish all of the missed work in less than a month.

Dad and Jade have, also, been busy running around and finishing things up with the CIA and the feds. The evidence Jade had was enough to lock the responsible ones up and Vince was more than satisfied. However, the whole situation wasn't cleared up all the way. New evidence and witnesses surfaced from time to time, opening the case all over again and prolonging the end.

Apart from doing the needed justice, Jade was busy preparing for her wedding with Gio, too.

Apparently, they have been dating for long enough and loved each other to get married.

When they told us, dad nearly flipped. We were all surprised, but no one could talk them out of it so the only thing left was to support their decision and help with the preparations.

The moment mum almost went crazy was when they said they wanted to do the wedding in less than three months. According to her, three months aren't enough to organize a wedding.

Now, we're at the baker's helping Jade decide what flavor she wants for the cake. Gio was here, too, but they didn't let the guy voice his opinions on the cakes so he gave up and left me alone with mum and Jade.

"Guys, can't you hurry up?" I whine for the n-th time in the last half an hour.

"You can't rush this stuff, Willa." mum hushes me and proceeds to ask the baker for other types and flavors of frosting.

As I prepare myself to sigh rather loudly out of boredom, my phone rings.

"Hi, tiger." When I hear Lazzaro's voice on the other side of the line, a warm smile stretches out on my face.

"Please save me. This is torture I'm going through right now, " I dramatically cry out to him and I hear his addictive laugh through the speaker.

"So I called at the right moment?" he asks but doesn't give me time to answer as he speaks again. "Look behind you, then, tiger."

With the phone stuck to my ear, I turn around, and there he is; leaned by his parked car at the other side of the street and looking straight at me.

"Stalker." I jokingly say to him.

"Well, this stalker has some promised date plans for us today. You up for it?"

"Definitely!"

He doesn't even have to tell me what the plans are. I quickly tell mum that Lazzaro is here for me and I sprint out the door. I carefully cross the street and as soon as he's in arm's reach, I hug the heck out of him.

"I missed you too, beautiful," he chuckles and hugs me even tighter.

We haven't seen each other in weeks because of his work and him dealing with the preparations for his apartment in Paris.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him once we pull back from the hug.

"I called you home. Your dad picked up and said you'd be here," he answers and opens the door for me to get in the car. Laz gets in, too, starts the car and we're on our way to wherever he had planned.

"So where are we going?" I try asking him, but he smiles and shakes his head.

"It's a surprise."