📌7

(edited)

Silvio disappeared again after we opened the safe. He took the chip and death certificate and left.

I'm not saying I missed his presence or anything. Okay, fine. I migh have missed his... fingers and what they're capable of, but that was once and done. I'm not making the same mistake and letting him do that again. I have my own. I'll make myself finish. I don't need him.

A couple of hours passed after he left and I am bored-well, more bored than usual. All by myself and no internet, it's really hard to keep your mind in place. I have been staring at the abstract painting that is hung above the bed for the past fifteen minutes now and wondering what the artist had in mind when they painted it. Was he, or she, drunk? I will never understand abstract paintings.

As I absent-mindedly stare at the painting, someone knocks on the door and breaks my very creative train of thoughts.

"Girl, boss wants you in his office." Randy, my usual food bringer and door watcher, stands by the door. When did he unlock and got inside?

"Why?" I furrow my eyebrows, questioning why Silvio had summoned me in his office.

"How should I know?" He is little mean, but has good heart... I think. I listen to him anyway and let him guide me through this maze of a house.

We stop at a french double door two minutes later. Randy knocks and I hear Silvio's voice from inside.

"What?"

"You asked for little girl, Boss?" Randy replies but it comes as a question. At this, Silvio shuffles inside the room before he opens the door and reveales himself, taking my breath away. Fuck, I got to get my mind in place.

"Get inside. I need to speak with you." He orders me a bit too harshly and nudges me inside the spacious room before closing the door behind us.

"You remember the poker chip?" he asks and motions for me to sit on the chair in front of the desk. I nod and take a seat. Of course, i remember it. I saw it few hours ago.

He takes the chip out of his pocket. "Every casino has its own emblem embedded on their chips and this chip--" swirling it in between his fingers, he continues, "I know from which casino it came. So I need you to accompany me there. They're hosting a party and it's the perfect occasion to slip in and snoop. "

"A party? And at a casino? I don't think I'm even supposed to go in one." I shake my head and tell him. I'm not twenty one yet. I don't know if I'm allowed in one.

"I didn't ask what you think. I just told you of my plans. Now, we leave tomorrow night. A suitable dress and heels will be waiting for you, as well as a woman to help you get ready." he gets up and starts walking around the desk until he's standing right behind me.

"Do you have any questions?" he asks, his lips almost touching my earlobe.

"No,"

"Great. Then, I suggest you get a good night's sleep because you will need it tomorrow night." I feel a secret meaning behind those words and a smirk, but I get up and without a word, exit the office.

***

Beside men's, Silvio sure knows a thing or two about women's fashion styles, too.

I look at myself in the full length mirror in my room and I almost can't believe what I'm seeing. I've never dressed like this. Not even for prom. It's weird yet I like it at the same time.