📌18

(edited)

"Damn it, not again!" I hiss through gritted teeth upon spotting Silvio's tall and buffed lackeys, all in dark suits and cold features.

Aren't they getting tired of this?

The eight of them surround me quickly and not long after I am met with the familiar and little aged face of Lorenzo. He makes this smile on his face as if he has the world on his hands. What a prick.

"We meet once again, Maxwell." He tells me. I slowly close my eyes and open them again with a sigh, knowing what's coming next.

"We do... unfortunately." I say back to him. I think about running away, but only Bruce Lee could escape big, rugged men that are circling him. I'm not him.

"You are here to take me to Silvio because he ordered you, aren't you?" I tell Lorenzo, but I don't expect an answer since I already know it.

"Let's not waste time. You know the drill. Alonso, put her in the van." Alonso takes me by my forearm and drags me inside the vehicle all while I do everything in my power to fight back. I kick, punch and even try biting the guy, but to no veil. He manages to throw me inside the vehicle.

"You dipshits! Aren't you bored of kidnapping me, you psychos?" I yell, but only make Lorenzo laugh.

"Get us to the hotel." Lorenzo tells the driver before the vehicle speeds off.

***

"Get inside." Lorenzo shoves me in an empty, but furnished, usual hotel room. I run to the door, but Lorenzo has it locked before I can open it. Damn it! I let out a frustrated sigh and sit on the perfectly made bed, thinking just about everything that has happened in the last two days.

Two days ago, Gio, Vince and I hopped on a plane and arrived in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. This is where Vince said Jade should be, but I'm not entirely sure. For those two days we have been searching for her under rocks and above sky yet nothing. Either she is hiding herself really good or she simply isn't here.

Earlier this day, I went out with Gio and Vince to grab a quick meal and resume our search when I wandered away and got lost. That's how Silvio's men found me, actually; alone in an empty street.

"Nice seeing you again, Willa."

Breaking away from my thoughts, I whip my head to the origin of the deep voice. Silvio stands by the door, keys in one hand and a phone in other all while mastering a smirk.

"You bastard!" I lunge at him, grabbing him by his collar and shaking him as if I'm trying to strangle him.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down." Silvio has the audacity to catch my wrists and make me stop. He stands there almost unfazed by all this so since my hands aren't free, I use my leg to knee him in his groin, but the idiot seems to have seen it coming. He moves to the side so I hit the outside of his thigh.

"Why did you have your men kidnap me again, Silvio? This is the third time now, damn it! Aren't you tired of chasing me?" I fume, my blood boiling from anger. I try wriggling my hands out of his grasp, but I don't succeed. Instead, Silvio changes our positions and pins me against the wall with my hands above my head kept in place by his firm grip.

"I needed answers." He raises his voice frustratingly and I only glare at him.

"What answers, Silvio? You have Google so google them and stop kidnapping me." I tell him with the same tone he used on me. Silvio releases a suppressed growl and blinks slowly.

"You don't understand."

"Aha! There's some truth." I say and manage to push Silvio off me, but we end up falling on the near sofa with me on top of him.

"I don't understand anything that has happened so far. I don't understand why you want to kill my sister so badly or why you went through shit to kidnap me so many times."

Silvio flips us again. "It's because she killed dozens of my men who I considered to be family."

Family, huh?

"Then let me tell you this: I'll do everything to protect Jade. She is MY family and if you want to kill her you must kill me first, Silvio."

He freezes for a moment before speaking in a softer tone which confused me.

"Willa, I could never hurt you."

I turn us over and put my legs on either sides of his hips.

"What are you talking about? Did you forget about that night when you almost choked me to death, huh, Silvio? That's was some kinky shit, " I remind him with a venomous glint dancing in my eyes. He inhales sharply and sits up beneath me. Our faces are almost touching, that's how close it appears we are. I can feel his hot and quickened breath on my jaw.

"I told you. I didn't mean it and I fucking hate myself for doing it." I can even feel his chest vibrating against mine as he speaks.

"Why did you had Lorenzo bring me to you this time, Silvio?" My voice gets surprisingly quieter as I ask him. Silvio just looks at me, taking his time to think about his answer carefully. And I finally got it.

"Because I had to see you, gatino."

I didn't expect this answer. Not at all. And surely not the next one.

"I missed you." He continues, his tone barely above a whisper, as he has me locked in his gaze.

What is he saying? What is he trying to say?

"Silvio...I–" I cut myself off when Silvio closes the distance between us and softly brushes his lips against mine before looking into my eyes.

"I had to make myself understand some things." Shivers run down my spine when he brushed his lips on mine again. I could feel his hot breath against my lips and I for some reason I find myself leaning into him.

This isn't right, I try telling myself. You shouldn't kiss him. He is Silvio Moretti, damn it.

Without another second, he captures my lips. I feel like my whole body is being burned by thousand fires yet I can't seem to move away now.

Silvio quickens up the kiss. The way he moves his lips against mine, the way he feels and the way he makes me feel...it scares me, yet I can't find it in myself to stop. I know it's wrong—SO wrong—but I can't stop. He kisses me like a mad deprived of basic needs.

And then someone knocks on the door. The knock feels like a slap to my face and I snap out of it. I push Silvio off me and we are both standing on our legs now.

Reflexively, my hand raises and slaps Silvio's cheek. "You shouldn't have done that." I tell him through clenched jaw. There's another knock on the door before Lazzaro walks in in a confused state. Silvio exhales shakily.

"Did I... interrupt something?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at us. Clearing my throat, I reply,

"Of course not. No. Nothing. Completely nothing. Your brother was just leaving actually."

"You were?" Lazzaro turns to Silvio.

"I was." With that, Silvio spares me a last glance before disappearing through the door with a flustered cheek.

After closing the door, Lazzaro takes a seat on the armchair next to the window.

"Is he okay?"

"I think there's something wrong with him. As in on a mental scale." I shook my head and went to the liquor cabinet.

"Do you drink?" I question him few seconds later when I spot the bottle of tequila among other glass bottles and two shot glasses.

Lazzaro laughs in disbelief. "Sometimes. Do you?" 

"No."

That's how I got drunk for the first because of boy problems.