📌10

(edited)

I shouldn't crack now. I'm mad at him. He has George's blood on his hands and wants to kill my sister yet I still feel sorry for him. I should back away, go back to my room.

Turning around, I start walking down the hallway and back to my room but my legs stop me from doing it. I find myself in front of Silvio's bedroom. Again.

I stand in front of his door and take my time to think what I'm doing through, but I chicken out again. Swirling around, my body pauses and I close my eyes. With a deep intake of breath, I calm my thoughts down.

He's a monster. Don't feel sorry for him. Don't.

My legs slowly start moving away again but this time the door opens up behind my back.

"Willa, what are you doing here?" His voice is gruff and yet surprised. It's too late to run now, isn't it?

"Hi." I blurt out and look at him. He has a fice o'clock shadow around his cheeks and chin, and surprisingly he's dressed in gray sweatpants and a simple white tee shirt.

Go to your room, Willa. He doesn't deserve your pity.

I still contemplate in my mind whether I should stay and talk to him or get away. On one hand, I am so mad and angry at him that I wanna claw his brown eyes out but on the other I'm too nice of a person. I can understand he's suffered in the past and that everyone makes mistakes. But killing a man is something bigger than a mistake, isn't it?

"What are you doing here?" He repeats himself slowly. His brown hair is disheveled meaning he has been probably asleep until I came. And I am not blaming him for that. It's almost 12am so I should be long asleep too. Though, I do blame myself for not being able to close my eyes and drift off.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Couldn't you wait until tomorrow?" He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Probably, but I couldn't sleep so..." I leave the sentence trail off. Silvio steps back and makes a room for me to get inside. Once I am in, he closes the door behind us.

His room is the same as the last time I saw it plus with a few documents and folders scattered on his bed. He's been working I guess. The main light has been turned of so only the bedside lamp and the TV illuminate the spacious room.

A silence falls around us. He doesn't speak and I don't know what to say now either. I look at him, then turn away and remember what Rita told me about how his father had beat him up. What father does that?

"What did you want to talk about?" He is the first to break the silence. When I turn to look at him, his eyes are already on my face, trying to guess what I have to say.

"I just want to thank you for sending Rita today. I needed someone to talk to. That and if she hadn't come I wouldn't have known that you were worried." I tell him as I carefully watch his reaction.

"I wasn't worried." He answers me quickly and dismissively.

"You weren't?" I ask him. Why does my voice sound disappointed? Did I want him to be worried about me?

"No."

"Oh, okay then." And silence occupies the room again.

God, I really have to get out of here.

"You need anything else?" Silvio questions suddenly too rudely making me glare.

"No, I'll just go. Sorry if I bothered you." I say through gritted teeth and make my towards the door to open it. As my hand rests on the doorknob, Silvio lets out a small sigh and stops me.