📌28

18+ (edited)

The ride from the gather point, which
was a remote area by the cliffside just outside Fajardo, wasn't very long, but, boy was it awkward.

My mum occupied the back seats, and Silvio and I sat in the front, him driving the car. Vince and Silvio's two other men were in the car in front of us.

The whole ten minutes we were inside the car, Silvio would glance at me and offer me a dazzling smile, and mum would notice that and glare at him through the rear view mirror. All that combine it with a fat silence.

Thankfully, we are, now, back at our hotel rooms.

Mum went to her room to lie down a couple minutes ago so it's just me and Silvio alone in one room, glancing at each other like shy preschoolers.

It's getting ridiculous just staring at each other, so I stand up from the bed to pour myself a glass of water from the table when a brief, but sharp pains shoots through my chest.
Instinctively, I hiss and hunch over just a little to ease the pain.

Silvio shoots up like a gun from the chair and comes to my aid. He carefully holds me as I breathe through the discomfort.

"Gattino? You okay? Talk to me." he says, trying to figure out where the pain comes from.

I shake my head as the unwanted feeling slowly dissappears. "I'm okay. It's just hurts from time to time. I'm still healing. " I tell him to ease his mind, but he's still not convinced.

"Just lie down." he pleads, his brown eyes searching mine for compliance, but he only gets a half serious glare from my side.

"Stop worrying about me, Silvio," I say as I step to the side and walk to pour myself a glass of water.

He walks behind me. "I can't do that."

Downing the cool liquid and putting the glass down, I turn to him. What I don't expect is for him to be so close to me.

"You're treating me like a fragile porcelain doll. I'm not going to break." he sighs and gently puts his hands on the side of my face.

There will always be something about him that I will be drawn to no matter how hard I ignore it. I'll always have a weak spot for him. These past few months and everything that has happened supports that theory. Even after I spent a week in a hospital because of him, I still forgave him. Even after I got away from him, I missed him. Even if I hated him, I loved him.

There. I said it. There's no point in me denying that anymore.

God, I'm a mess. A mess with a Stockholm syndrome.

"I know. I just don't want to hurt you again." he tells me then falls quiet for a short second before continuing. "Willa?"

I can feel the heart beats in every crevices of my body. Just hearing him saying my name in a bare whisper like that shakes my core, makes my knees buckle.

"Yeah?" I follow his whisper.

"I missed you, gattino." he traces my bottom lip with his thumb as he speaks. My eyes flutter shut as I inhale, a whif of his signature cologne invading my nostrils.

I open my eyes again and I can't help but agree with him. "I missed you, too."

He watches me carefully, his eyes jumping from my brown orbs to my lips.

I want to feel his lips against mine again, the warmth, the pooling desire, the hardness of his body so I kiss him. I kiss him like my life depends on it.