📌17 (Silvio)

(edited)

Talking with Rita didn't go as I planned.

I thought I'd figure all my shit out after a conversation with her yet I'm even further away from clearing my mind. I was also sure she'd make me realize things and reveal some answers to my questions, but why do I have even more fucking questions swirling in my head?

Do I like her?

Do I care for her?

Hell, do I love her?

I can answer them with a 'no' and hope all the feelings go away this time, but they'll still be present. I fucking know it.

Oddio, it's like a torture.

"Hey. You okay?" I hear Lazzaro approach carefully out of nowhere and sit on the sofa that's stationed opposite of where I'm laying with my legs crossed and eyes closed.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I open my eyes and notice he is staring right at me. He's worried about something, I can tell.

"You were furious last night and
you didn't come home."

Ah...that.

"And? Do you have to know everywhere I go now?" I say this a little too harsh as I close my eyes again, the sunlight burning my retinas painfully. I hear him heave a deep sigh beside me.

"At least tell me you didn't do anything stupid."

I open my eyes after Lazzaro mutters these words and I glare at him.

Fuck, my head hurts now. Why did I drink so much?

"If you're wondering if I killed someone, I didn't. Don't worry." I tell him with a smile that doesn't reach my eyes, but when I see he's already fed up with me I decide to go for another approach.

"I was at the club talking with Rita." Lazzaro nods at my more honest answer. Just then, a thought seems to cross his mind and he opens his mouth to say something.

"Anyway, I came here to tell you that we may have a lead on Willa. It appears that Giovanni's jet was scheduled to fly to Puerto Rico." The moment her name escapes Lazzaro's lips, my body shoots up from the sofa and I'm standing on my legs, fully conscious now and not caring about the painful thumping at the back of my head.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me that first? Where in Puerto Rico are they?" My voice is reaching a dangerously loud tone.

"Uncle said Fajardo." As he says this slowly, Lazzaro's eyes search mine to see any sign of anger.

Oh, I'm angry all right.

"Uncle!? You asked Tito for help? Sei fuori di testa tua dannazione, Lazzaro?"

Out of all the people in this world he chose our sick-minded and abhorrent uncle for help. That bastard disappeared on us for three years and hasn't called for just the same and now he decides to mangle in our lives? When we're dealing with this mess?

"Stop shouting. And I didn't call him to ask for help, Silvio. He was the one to call me and see how we're doing, but he figured something was wrong. I told him and he helped me track down Giovanni."

Merda!

"How can you be so naive, brother? It's Tito. Or did you forget that?" I try to calm my voice down as best as I can and not yell at Lazzaro anymore. "Years go by and nothing from him. Now, he just randomly rings and offers his hand for help? He didn't ask for anything in return?"

"He didn't mention anything about it. No."

His answer makes me sigh.

"There's no point in arguing over this. Just let me remind you that when you shot padre and I took the blame, he got me out of jail and as a payment for that he made me do his dirtiest jobs even a dog can't do." I tell him as my mind keeps replaying all those despicable things I did for our so-called uncle so my little brother wouldn't have to. Lazzaro freezes in his shoes and hurt passes through his eyes as if he can't believe I mentioned that or used against him.

"I haven't forgotten about that, Silvio, and I never will. You don't need to remind me how I shot our own father just so he wouldn't beat you to death. And as to Tito...I'll deal with his payment." he stares right at me as he says this with a sharp and painful hiss before walking past me and exiting through the patio door, out of my sight.

Fucking hell!

Angry, I grab the vase on my right and throw it into the wall, pieces of it flying everywhere. Just more broken pieces to the already messy space.

Why are our lives so fucking complicated? Willa first and now our past catching up on us.

After getting my phone out of my pocket I call Lorenzo, my voice still holding anger and frustration.

"Get the fucking jet ready. We're going to Puerto Rico."