📌31

(edited)

When I look back, these past few months have been anything but boring. My usual routine of going to college, watching movies, and staying at home was abolished as soon as I stepped out to buy mum the tampons.

And who knew I'd fall in love for the first time only to have my heart broken in a span of just few short months.

Life's a drunk comedian when it comes to my life.

Now, here we are. After too many kidnappings, fights, misunderstandings, and schemes, I stand outside the hotel waiting for everybody else so we can finally go home.

Dad exits through the doors of the hotel, carrying a duffel bag. I sigh, tightening the small bag around my shoulder. It adds a little pressure to the wound, which makes it hurt a little, but it's not something to whine about.

"Where's everybody else?" I ask him back after I notice no one's around. I've been waiting by the car for five minutes until dad came. It was locked and I couldn't get in, but dad clicks the key and it opens. I put the small bag in the trunk and get in the back seats.

"Your mum, Vince, Jade and Gio are coming. The brothers and the rest of the men are already waiting by the plane."

I nod. Dad gets inside the driver's seat.

Silvio, aside from avoiding me for the last twelve hours, has been treating Laz like shit, too. I'm aware they fought many times before and aren't exactly cooperative, but for the sake of the meeting, Silvio could've acted more mature.

It pissed me off how he treated me and Laz so I went to my room to pack. At least I did something useful since I didn't help much at the meeting. My mum came after it had ended to tell me what the plan was and to, also, inform me that the brothers had gotten into a nasty argument, but they couldn't understand what they were saying since they yelled in Italian. Silvio had to storm off right after. Gio had told them later that it was something about me, but nothing more. 

Mum, also, wanted to warn me about the two of them since she noticed some things about me and Silvio. I panicked a little here but told her that even though I liked Silvio, it's over and she shouldn't worry. She didn't look convinced but thankfully dropped it.

We were all worried about what was to happen when we land, anyway. The jet is flying us to Washington and the director of FBI, and dad's boss, will be waiting for us there. We have the proof of CIA's corrupted director and all we have to do is give it to him to clear Jade's name and put him behind bars.

An hour later and we're all packed and ready to finally leave.

As dad starts the car, the rest of them arrive. Mum goes and sits in the passenger seat and Vince gets in the back with me. Another car comes rolling behind us and Jade and Gio get into that one. No later than 10 minutes we are halfway close to the small airport.

Most of the time I'm looking out of the window, soaking up the gorgeous scenery, the beaches, and the water, but when I notice Vince spaced out I can't help but feel worried.

"Hey," I say softly to get his attention. "You okay?" Vince turns his head to me, a hopeless look in his eyes. Dad glances for a second through the rearview mirror in Vince's way in worry, but returns his look on the road.

"I asked Jade about Savanna," he says, refreshing my memory about his late sister who got killed in an undercover op. I remember him telling me the real reason he decided to help me find Jade was to get close to her and find answers about his sister.

"And what did she say?"

"Savanna was, apparently, the first to find parts of those files and about the corruption. She had been snooping around more and more so they caught her and, " he pauses to take a shaky breath,

"and killed her to cover their tracks, making her death look like an op gone wrong, just like the ones on the files. When I started looking for information on Savanna's mission on their servers, they noticed  sent Jade after me, but along the way she found out the truth, too, so she gathered all the evidence she could and ran," he explains as best as he can and I sit quietly in shock.

This all has been connected since the beginning and no one knew except my sister.

"Hopefully, now, I can finally feel some relief that the ones responsible for her death will be dealt with. I don't care if they send them behind bars or kill them."

***

We finally get to the airport.

Everyone exits the car and grabs their bags. Gio has already helped Jade up on the plane before fetching their bags so we're the only ones to hop on. Vince and I walk side by side with our bags in our hands as do mum and dad.

It really hurts me seeing him low spirited and sad. We haven't had much time to get to know each other and act like normal friends, but we are friends nonetheless and he's a good person. The talk he had with my sister really got him down, even though he finally found out the truth, and I really wish I knew some way to cheer him up.

We climb the stairs of the jet and the first person I see inside is Silvio. As soon as we lock eyes, he gets up and leaves for the other part of the jet, closing the door behind him.

Vince notices this, too, but doesn't say anything. He goes and takes a sit on the couch next to Jade.

Vince has become more comfortable around her since Jade apologized to him for trying to kill him.

I go to the right and sit on the chair opposite of Lazz, who's immersed in some papers and doesn't notice me at first.

"Morning," I say.

He finally looks up and flashes me a smile.

"Good morning,"

I can't help but return his grin.

"What are the papers for?"  he shuffles through them until he finds the one he searched for and hands it to me. Confused, I take it and start reading. 

"You bought an apartment in Paris?" I say, a clear surprise coating my tone.  He nods.

I put the document back on the table. "And you're moving there?" 

He nods once again, but when he notices a hint of sadness, too, in my voice, he goes on to explain further. "But I'm not actually moving there until next year. I still have to finish some stuff here with the college and with my brother." 

When he mentions Silvio, I look to the door that he disappeared behind. It's as closed as few minutes ago. 

"What happened between you two?" Laz suddenly asks me which forces me to get my gaze back at the younger brother. His eyes are locked on me, expecting an answer that I don't really know if I should give. Should I say that I slept with his older brother one time and then ended things rather messily?

"We talked and decided it's better to part our ways. That's all."

He stays silent for a second, just processing and probably not fully believing my answer.

"That's it?" 

"Yeah."

He keeps staring at me, thinking I'd change it, but I keep silent. Just then, the pilot announces we're ready for a takeoff and to fasten our belts. 

No later than two minutes the jet is moving and we're en route to Washington.