📌26

(edited)

As soon as I see my parents walking through the door, my eyes water as if they have been waiting for a simple command.

"Oh, Willa," Mum comes rushing to my side, her tears already staining her cheeks. She hugs me like never before and I only have the strength to hug her even tighter and sob. Dad reaches out, too. In no time, I feel his arms wrap around me from my other side and give my forehead a kiss.

God, how I missed them.

"We were so worried," Dad says and steps back to take a proper look at me. He features are worn out, most probably from stressing too much and not being able to sleep because of it. He's been this way since I can remember. Especially since what happened to Liam.

"I'm okay now." I say after my sobs subside, and dad shakes his head.

"I should've looked harder, honey, and all this wouldn't have happened." he refers to me ending up in the hospital.

"Dad, it's okay. It's not your fault."

Mum squeezes my hand to tell me they're here now.

"I'm just glad we found you when it wasn't too late." She says and dad nods. My lips turn upward in a smile in agreement.

My eyes, then, sneak a peak of Lazz for a short moment. He's watching our whole interaction quietly, not wanting to interrupt anything.

Minutes pass by and mum's calmer now. Dad, too. They haven't taken their eyes off of me in fear I'd dissappear on them again, and I don't blame them.

Then, Gio asks dad to talk outside about Jade's 'arrest' and dad agrees begrudgingly because of me.

"Mum, how's Chris?" I ask my mum about my little brother. I can't imagine how he's coping with everything that has happened and I remember Silvio threatening to hurt him that time.

"He was scared he wouldn't see his big sisters anymore," She says quietly. "but he knows where we are now and that we'd bring you home. He wanted to come, too, but we told him he'd be more safe at your aunt's."

I sigh and inside my heart breaks. He shouldn't have gone through all this.

"He's okay, baby, don't worry about him." She tells me and kisses the top of my head.

"Now, can you officially introduce me to this young man?" She glances at Lazz who looks confused by her sudden request for a couple of seconds.

"His name is Lazzaro. Lazz, this is my mum Sarah."

Lazz, for the first time since my parents came, moves. He stands up from the couch and walks up to mum to shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you," He smiles at her.

"Nice to meet you, too." She reciprocates the smile and then becomes serious. "We were reluctant at first about you being related to that man and then being here, but our daughters both seem to trust you. I'd also like to thank you for staying with Willa here at the hospital, and for helping Jade with the phone call. It means so much to us. "

As mum finishes, I notice she said some phone call. What phone call did Lazz make to help Jade?

"It was the least I could do. I don't agree with my brother's principles and actions. They were wrong. I just wanted to help Willa out."

Mum looks satisfied with Lazzaro's answer so she nods, but I'm still confused.

"What phone call?" I ask them both. Mum looks at me with a small smile.