📌11

(edited)

I decide to eat a little after he leaves. My stomach has been growling for the past hour since I haven't eaten anything all day. The food has gotten cold by now but it doesn't bother me.

When I finish half of the pancakes, I decide to read that file. I have to clear my mind from Silvio and from what happened last night.

Crouching down and taking the file from under the couch. Once I have it, I walk into the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

I skip the part about Liam and go straight to Jade's. As my eyes scan through the info about my twin, I reach the bottom of it, Vince DeAllen. Who is he and why does my sister need to kill him?

I have to find this guy and if he is not already dead, I need to ask him a few questions about my sister Jade. He is her last known target so he most certainly must know something on her that I don't know.

***

The last few hours I wasted on thinking how to escape. I've thought of a few things but they weren't nearly as doable as I wanted them to be so now I'm laying in bed, unmoving and hardly breathing. The sun went down long ago so it's almost pitch black outside, the only light coming from the yard's lights.

In the last hour, though, I've been hearing some ruckus downstairs. It's just a  faint from my bedroom, but even if I know for a fact something is going on I haven't gotten out to check it out. Although, now when I think about it I can use it to my advantage. If there are many people downstairs, I can make myself invisible—not literally, of course—and escape. The key thing is what kind of shit is happening downstairs. I doubt it's a party.

Against my better judgement, I get out of bed, put my shoes on and head down with silent steps. I carefully peak from the top of the staircase and see that a good number of his men are around the dining table playing cards and laughing. They do this when Silvio isn't at home. It happens very rarely, but not never. They're distracted in any case, though. Good.

But Randy is nowhere in sight. He's usually in front of my door and if he's not he disappears to go to the bathroom or eat. I doubt it he's downstairs with all the others playing cards. Fearing he might catch me outside without his or Silvio's permission, I go back inside to make a plan.

I decide to pack another pair of jeans and a sweater, shove a jacket into the bag and hide it behind the sofa just in case.

While preparing, I went through all the possible scenarios in my head of what would happen if I do manage to escape and if Silvio catches me. Not even one of them was pretty.

11 pm comes around and Silvio still isn't home. I watched him drive off in his car and I'm now on alert of an incoming car.

I know he threatened me with my family if I escape, but I'm sure my dad sleeps with his Glock under his pillow. Especially now that his two girls are missing and his best friend is dead.

I take a deeo breath and open the door just slightly at first. As I suspected, Randy is right by it.

"Oh, Randy. Wassup? Doing good?" I awkwardly say to him and he only raises an eyebrow before grunting something under his breath. He's not much of a talker.

So the door isn't an option I guess. The window—Yes! The window is a solution.

I close the door and let Randy keep a watch outside while I climb out the window. It's pretty high but there are some wine roots attached to the side of the wall. That'll do, I think. I just hope he—or the two men patrolling outside the house—won't hear anything and catch me red handed.  Shit. How am I going to get past them?