📌35

(edited)

"Honey, wake up," mum shakes my shoulder and earns a sleepy groan from me. "Your aunts and uncles are here. I have to go and help Jade get ready at the hotel, okay?"

Slowly, I open my eyes, notice my dress covered in the dust-proof bag hung on the wardrobe door and realize today is the day.

"Okay," I answer mum before a quick yawn escapes my lips. She kisses my forehead and opens the door to exit my room. As she opens the door the noise from downstairs instantly hits me. Loud voices, laughing, running through the house - yep, my relatives are here.

I check the time - 11.21am. Jeez, I've slept in.

I allow myself to quickly brush my teeth and clip my hair back so it doesn't go in my eyes before going downstairs.

"Willa!" aunt Jillian exclaims and a second later I'm engulfed in her embrace. "Look at you, you're all grown up and so beautiful. I bet all the boys are after you!" she smiles and runs her eyes along my frame. We haven't seen each other in few years since they moved to Australia because of uncle's job.

"She has a boyyyfriend," Christopher comes out of nowhere and wiggles his eyebrows playfully.

"Yeah, and apparently he's taking her to Paris after the wedding," dad butts in as he passes by, his tone mocking when he mentions Paris. Auntie gasps and a devilish glint passes in her eyes.

"Oh, honey, that's amazing! Is he handsome? What does he do for a livi- Oh, Mellisa, Shannon!" auntie calls out to my other two aunts as she sees them walking in the living room with two of my cousins, Olivia and Erica.

I groan, knowing that the next hour will be me getting interrogated while drinking coffee with the aunts and Olivia and Erica.

They asked me about his age, if he's a student or has a job somewhere, how we met and if I've met his family. I answered their first two questions truthfully, but for the last two? I had to dodge them because it was weird telling them we met through his brother who kidnapped me. They knew all about the kidnapping fiasco, of course, but I didn't want them to feel different about him after I told them how we really met.

They let me go only after I show them a picture of Lazzaro. While they're talking amongst themselves how handsome he is, I slip away and go upstairs to start getting ready. It's almost 1 pm and the wedding starts at 4.

I washed my hair last night so I just hop in the bathroom to take a quick shower, but the warm water is gone. I guess from all those people downstairs it was bound to be.

Usually I wouldn't mind the cold water, but it's winter already so hotter water would've been more welcoming.

After I get out and dry myself off, I decide to just straighten my hair and style it behind my ears. Simple, yet elegant enough for the wedding.

Erica, knowing her way around makeup better than me, does my face. She chooses earthly colors for the eyeshadow, puts some light foundation, a little bit of bronzer and blush, mascara and finishes the look with nude lipstick.

While I curl her hair, she does her makeup, too.

Just as we finish up, we hear females giggling from downstairs. Erica looks at me in confusion, but I suddenly remember what that would be.

"Oh, no,"

"What is it?" Erica's voice rises and she perks up an eyebrow.

"Lazzaro is here to pick me up. I should've been done by now and he was gonna drive us there, but you guys held me back with the interrogation."