📌29 (Silvio)

(edited)

A chilly breeze runs past my naked chest, creating a shiver, and I reach out to find the covers, but instead I'm greeted by an empty bed. I can't feel Willa's body beside mine so I open my eyes and let them adjust to the low light setting around me.

The balcony door is ajar and I spot Willa's silhouette leaned on the edge of the balcony, the sheet I searched wrapped loosely around her frame.

A small smile creeps on my face as I pull my body up from the bed and walk toward her. She doesn't seem to hear me approach until I gently hug her from behind, and kiss her shoulder before resting my chin on it.

"Hey," she says softly and turns her head to the side to look at me. "did I wake you up?"

I meet her hazel eyes guarded by her slightly furrowed eyebrows. "I got cold. A certain someone stole the cover." I tell her with a hint of humor, and hear her chuckle nervously.

"Sorry," her small voice cuts off her adorable chuckle, and I can't help but smile again.

How can someone be this beautiful and adorable at the same time?

"It's okay," I tell her, but then I notice she's floating around with her thoughts. Something's bothering her.

"You okay?" I ask her, now me being the one who's getting worried. Did I do something again? Did I hurt her previously? Or was she regretting it all?

Willa only sighs, and doesn't say anything at first. I don't want to push her so I wait for her to share her thoughts.

"Yeah," She finally agrees on saying. "I'm just thinking."

"About what, gattino?"

"Jade. My dad and the others who went with him. You." she says, and turns around, but when she gets a good look at me I don't need to see her to know that her cheeks are red. She still can't get used to me being naked.

"Me?" I ask her with a hint of amusement, and press her against the railing of the balcony. Her body shivers under my touch and that's just what I need to keep going. "You mean my lips?" I give her a soft peck on her neck and switch to a light lick down her carotid. "Or my tongue?"

Willa has her eyes closed as she lets the goosebumps take over her body.

"I meant-" she starts saying, but a loud knock on the door interrupts her. Willa's eyes go wide in fear. "Silvio, I'm naked. What if it's my mum?" she begins to panic even more when the person knocks a couple more times, more urgently now.

"Go inside the bathroom. I'll see who it is." I tell her and watch as she quietly runs into the bathroom with the cover still on her and closes the door behind. I grab a pair of sweats and put them on so I don't flash the person on the other side. Before opening the door, I pick up Willa's scattered undergarments and clothes and throw them under the pillows.

On the other side of the door stands Vince with a grim expression and tense shoulders. His body language tells me something serious has happened so I straighten up.

"What is it?" I ask him, preparing to hear some bad news. Vince's jaw clicks before he opens his mouth to speak.

***

I put my hand on Willa's thigh to stop her leg from jumping up and down and ease her mind a little. Her mum notices, though, but she refrains or defers from commenting anything on it. She's worried because of the ongoing discussion.

"...half an hour ago and I can't get through." I catch the ending of Vince's explaining which I already knew. He told me at the door earlier.

Even though they had the upper hand with the surprise attack, they were low on men. They knew that would be a problem so they worked on the strategy more, but apparently it had backfired on them. They had started to lose ammo fast and the last thing Vince heard Willa's dad say was that they were cornered before the connection got cut off.