📌30

(edited)

It's been almost 4 hours since Silvio left and my nerves are slowly but surely usurping themselves.

I have eaten like 10% of my lips' skin, too, because of the anxiety.

"Where are they? They should've been back by now." mum suddenly voices my thoughts. She lets her head fall into her hands as she sighs. Just then, the door opens and dad walks in with his arm around a beaten up and bloodied Jade, giving her support.

My lips stretch into a smile as I wait for mum to acknowledge them first and hug them to death.

"Mum?" Jade croaks out, her eyes already filled with tears threatening to fall. Mum looks up and the second she notices them jumps up from the bed and launches herself into them.

Dad steps back and leaves Jade's side to allow mum to hug her daughter properly.

"Oh, my baby." she whispers and wraps her arms around Jade as tight as she can without hurting her. Jade's head falls tiredly on mum's shoulder as they both hug like there's no tomorrow. Mum takes a step back to take another look at her. She inspects her face carefully and curses the men who did this to her baby before bringing her in for another hug.

I look behind the hugging duo and see Gio standing there by dad. Silvio and Lazzaro nowhere in sight, though.

Confused, I furrow my eyebrows at Gio, who understands what I'm referring to, and nods assuringly.

"They're cleaning up in their rooms don't worry." Once he says this, the panic that was appearing inside me disappears. I smile at him as a gratification action.

When mum's had enough of Jade, she turned to dad to give him the same deadly hugs, and I allowed myself to embrace my twin, too, after all the shit we've been through.

"I'm glad you're okay, sis." She whispers and breaks the hug after a while with a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you're alive." I say to her back and copy the same smile she has.

God, how I missed her.

After the reunion, mum and dad fell back into their room as did Gio and Jade. We were all tired as hell, but them most of all. We agreed on cleaning up, getting some sleep and continuing in the morning about what should our next step be.

Before going back to my room, I wanted to see Lazz and Silvio. Lazzaro's door was first so that's where I knocked first.

Lazz opens the door and my eyes widen as soon as I take notice of his beaten up condition. There are specks and drops of dark blood on his shirt, probably from his busted lip and his nose.

"Before you say anything," Lazz begins, a lazy grin embracing his features, "don't worry. It looks way worse than it is." he tells me and closes the door behind me as I walk inside without a word, still slightly panicked about his physique.

"You're hurt, Lazz. How can I not worry?" I ask him and step closer to inspect his lip. It's not bleeding anymore, he's cleaned the cuts, but it's still swollen and red. He chuckles and takes a hold of my hips, bringing me closer to him. His hands, then, travel to my face, gingerly cupping my cheeks, and my face flushes red as always when I'm that close to an attractive male.

Get a grip on yourself, dude.

"I assure you, tiger, I'm fine." he smiles. "I'm more worried about you though. How's the wound? Has it been hurting?"

How can this man think about my well being when he looks like he's been to war?

"I took some more painkillers earlier so it's all good."