📌16 (Silvio)

(edited)

"No! No more, I beg you. Please– I told you everyth–Please stop."

"Silvio,"

"Aaaaagh! I beg you! Sto–Aaagh!"

"You'll kill him, Silvio. That's enough,"

Stopping abruptly, I growl and take a step back as my hand tugs my messed up hair while the other holds the bloody knife. My rage fuels my elaborated breathing. When my eyes fall on the guy tied down on a chair, I lose it again. He knows and he won't fucking say it.

But before I can continue cutting him piece by piece until he tells me where Willa is, a hand grips my wrist and tries to move me away from the guy.

"He dies, you lose Willa." Lazzaro hisses and takes a hold of my forearm. I thought he fucking knew not to mess with me when I'm pissed.

"Get your hands off me." I say to him lowly and menacingly, but he doesn't seem to care.

"Go upstairs and get your shit together." He says, but releases his grip on me. "I'll take care of it."

"You hate it here. Why did you come?"  I gruffly ask him and walk towards the metallic table, throwing the knife on it which makes the blood splutter in each direction. I notice the bottle of scotch I brought earlier and take a swing off of it, the cool liquor burning my throat as it goes.

"Lorenzo told me what you've been doing here since this morning." Lazzaro says and throws a haunted look to the guy then to the few broken whiskey bottles laying on the ground.

"Don't." I warn him and take another gulp of the bottle. I know what he is going to say.

"You're slowly becoming like
him--" I don't let him finish his sentence. In a mere second, Lazzaro's back hits the wall painfully while my hands clutch his white collar, pinning him harder and smearing blood on his shirt.

"I am not like him." My hiss is stone cold, but my eyes are blazing with fire. "Don't you ever mention him. I'm on my last nerves, Lazzaro, and I don't want to deal with you on top of all."

I let go off him and stride out of the basement to my room.

Every part of this house is covered in bullet holes and broken furniture. The white tiled floor beneath me still has blood spots and smears. As I pass Willa's room on my way, another angry growl leaves my lips when flashes of the jet she took off with flood my mind.

Fuck! If I arrived just two minutes earlier, she wouldn't have taken off with Vince and Giovanni, and I  would've caught them.

She could be anywhere now. How am I supposed to find her?

After taking a shower and cleaning myself of all the blood, I decide to blow off some steam and go to my club. It's supposed to be Rita's shift tonight so maybe she'll be able to rationalize all my fucking mess also.

***

"Silvio, I didn't know you were coming, honey. Well, not after what happened at the mansion last night." Rita's voice resonates behind me and I turn around. She's in her usual attire: short sparkly dress and high heels.

"I wasn't planning on, but I needed a breather." I answer her and walk to the liquor cabinet to pour us a drink. When I offer her a glass of the whiskey, she shakes her head.

"I don't drink when I'm working." She says and goes to sit on one of the armchairs in front of my desk, crossing her legs and placing her arm on the side of the chair to rest. I take a seat behind the desk.

"Suit yourself." I tell her and gulp down the two glasses, one after another quickly. Rita's stare tells me she has something figured out.

"You didn't come here to just take a breather and see me, did you?"

I trace circles on top of the empty glass in contemplation whether I should tell her or not.

"I'm fucked up, Rita. I'm fucked up bad." Finally, I mutter and ruffle my hair because of the deep annoyance. She watches me silently and intently before her expression softens.

"What happened, honey?"

I heave a sigh and blink slowly. "I don't–can't understand myself, I can't think straight..."

"You could've died last night, Silvio. Four of your men did die. On top of all, Willa and Vince are gone and with that your only chance on catching Jade. Maybe that's why." She reasons, but that makes me even more angry. She rationalizes it too much.

"You don't fucking understand. I used to care about my men and now I don't. It doesn't concern me if they died or even if I got shot. I also don't give two shits if I lost my only lead on Jade."

"What are you trying to say?"

My jaw clenches as I pour myself another full glass of the whiskey and chug it down all at once.

"I can't get that girl out of my head, Rita." As I say this, Rita freezes her look on me and takes a moment to anylize me. Her mouth forms an O as if she just figured everything out. I stand up and walk around my office, trying to think, and Rita follows me with her eyes.

"All I can think of is her and these stupid moments with her. And you know what the worst part is? I regret having that man she knew killed. I regret beating Vince up. Tell me, since when do I do that, huh?" I turn to look at her expectantly, but she has her lips quirked up.

"What?"

"You like her. I'll even go further and say you love her," She smirks, her eyebrow raised at me.

"You're fucking kidding me, right? That's absurd, pure ridicule." My voice rises as I say it, my jaw clenches almost painfully. Why does she think that?

Rita sighs in an act of surrender, although a sweet smiles rests on her features. "Silvio, honey, look at it this way. Killing George and beating Vince up made her sad and she was furious with you. You regret doing it because you don't want to see her sad or mad at you. You don't want to hurt her. It's simple."

"That's bullshit!"

"Is it really? Is there another explanation? Just think about it, okay? You care for her, and no matter how hard you try to deny it, you love her. Her flying away to who knows where? You are worried about her, Silvio."

Am I really? Is that why I want to find her so badly?

"But that's the point. I shouldn't be worried for her sake. I should be worried about finding Jade and taking her down, but I'm not and it is annoying as fuck." Even if I do say this, I can't get myself to believe it.

"Silvio, are you even listening to yourself? Why are you trying so hard to block your feelings, honey? Let them in and you'll understand." Rita gets up and walks to where I'm standing near the window. Her soft tone feels almost motherly and I exhale slowly, resting my head on the window frame.

"I'm not supposed to like her, Rita. She is too innocent to be dragged in with me in this world." I tell her, my voice barely a whisper now.

"But she is already in all this. She has been from the moment you took her. She's seen too much to be innocent, too. "

"Yet she still is. Willa is the only good thing in our fucking dark world and it's my fault she is alone in here. I should've let her go at the beginning when it wasn't as complicated, but my selfish ass couldn't do it. I wanted to keep her. I still do. I said to myself it's because she'll help me find Jade, but as the days went by, I kept her because I liked her presence. "

"You wanted to keep her even if it hurts her being near you?" What Rita says makes me avert my eyes to her and stare at her, unblinking and discerning.

Am I that selfish if I say yes?