📌3

(edited)

"You can't get away now when I finally got you, Jade Maxwell."

What does my sister have with all this? How is she connected to the mafia... Wait a minute! The staying outside all night, the bruises on her face, the black and red outfit in the back of her closet--it all adds up now. She's been getting rid of the criminals!

My twin sister is a superhero!

I slowly process it all and when I do, confusion clouds my thoughts.

"But I'm not Jade." I tell him and watch as his eyebrows come closer in the similar confusion as mine. "I'm her sister Willa." I probably shouldn't have shared my name, or confirm that I know Jade, but the panic I still feel in my belly made me talk before thinking.

"Oh, really? Are you sure it's not another lie? " He asks and raises his left eyebrow in anticipation of what I'll say.

"It's not a lie!"

"Then how come you two look exactly like each other?" He smirks, thinking he has caught me in yet another one of my 'lies'.

I blink once, twice, and try to understand his logic. "Perhaps because we're identical twins? Perhaps because we came out of the same vagina two minutes apart?" I offer him a slightly more agitated answer and watch as his face slowly morphs into realization. Then anger.

"Fuck!" He mutters under his breath, strides away from me and pounds on the door to be opened, but before he goes through it, he points a threatening finger my way. "Stay here."

"Hey, it's not like I can escape tied up like this. Or even go pee for that matter." I yell after him but the big metal door slams shut and he's gone.

***

One hour passed. Two hours. Even three hours might've passed since he left and I wasn't joking about needing to pee.

"Someone there?" my voice now back to its wavering nature, I shout as loud as I can while my leg bounces up and down repeatedly, that annoying fidget refocusing my attention away from the fact I have to relieve myself. "Come on, be fair. I have to go to the bathroom so badly, " I try again after no one acknowledged me. Silence. Just like before.

Another hour passes and I become restless, even angry that I've been left alone without as much as a bathroom break. Maybe that's for the best, though. I may not have the chance to pee, but I also don't have to face anyone–especially that so called boss. Yet, the suspense of not knowing when they're going to open this door and who will stride in this time with God knows what plan in mind for me is unnerving.

What's scarier is that I have no idea if my parents know I'm gone, or if Jade knows they're looking for her so she can hide. Or if Christopher knows something is wrong and gets anxious.

I'm always there to hug him and talk to him when anxiety takes a hold of him and until he's calm. I can't do that now.

"Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza for you and meee..."

He always sings this song when he's anxious and it grew on me. I've heard it so many times. It's catchy. And now I'm singing it, too, because my overthinking is getting the worst of me.

What if I don't get out of here alive? What if I can't see my family again?

"Fuck," a curse word leaves my lips at the same time the first salty tear escapes my eye.

***

Another hour barely passes when I hear the clicking of a key in the door before if swings open, revealing the man from before, but now with a more stone cold demeanor.