📌21 (Silvio)

(edited)

Hearing those three words didn't really affect me, not when I've been saying them to myself more than anyone else, but hearing them from Willa? It almost shattered any hope I had for us.

I couldn't really blame her though.

I did so, so many sinful and horrible things to her and to her family just to avenge the death of my men caused by that bitch of a twin of hers. I can't really expect her to profess her undying love to me now.

And in half an hour I'll lose Willa forever with one bullet. And will it be worth it? Fuck no! But I'm torn between avenging the death of my men and her love. And whichever one I choose will probably destroy me

Striding from Willa's room and away from her excruciating sobs, I walk inside my room and to the safe. My gun is just laying there, staring at me, urging me to take it out and end Jade's life.

But Willa's red and puffy face caused by her crying comes into my mind. Her sobs and soft cries engulf my thoughts, not letting me think rationally.

"Cazzo!" I throw the gun on the bed out of frustration.

I hate you!

You're a monster!

Her words echo in my mind.

Her beautiful face once again finds its way in my thoughts, her laugh paralyzing me, her smile making me weak...

Oh, Dio, Silvio. What are you thinking?

When I press that damn trigger, all of that will be gone. I'll never see her smile again, I'll never be able to see her blush at something I had said and did nor can I ever call her amore mio.

Fuck, I won't be even able to tell her I love her.

All these thoughts flow in my brain when a sudden realization hits me. I fucking love Willa...

"Boss, we should go." One of my men walks in with a stone cold face, waiting for my reply. I can only nod as an answer because my mind is already fried.

I pick up my gun aimlessly and stuff it in the back of my pants, behind the belt. Three minutes later and I'm looking straight at Willa who's sitting in the car, fidgeting with her fingers and looking down. Lazzaro is sat beside her in the back seats.

My blood boils just by seeing them one next to another. I know that Willa will never be mine and I know that she told me the truth about not sleeping with Lazzaro, but I'm still not completely trusting my little brother around her. I know him and I know that he doesn't see her as just an acquaintance or even a friend.

When Lazzaro puts an arm around her, bringing her closer to him and trying to comfort her, she fucking lets him. That's the last straw before I walk to the same car, already annoyed, and get in the passenger seat.

"You know where to drive, Benny." I say to the designated driver before he starts up the car and we're off, followed by just one more car behind us.

Twenty minutes pass and I can't stop looking at Willa from the rear view mirror. She'll meet me eyes for a second but just as soon she'll turn away and look out of the window. The silence in this car is deafening and all I want to do is yell my feelings out in her face, tell her what I really want.

Looking at Willa then at me, Lazzaro sighs before saying,

"Silvio, hai davvero bisogno di farlo?"

Fuck, brother.

"Yes, Lazzo, and you know why." I answer my brother with stiffness in my voice. He intakes a sharp breath, knowing what I said is true.