📌1

(edited)

You would think it's cool to have a twin sister who shares the same hazel eyes and brown hair, the same nose and lips and who is approximately the same height as you are.

Okay, yeah. Half of the time it is cool, but the other half... not so much. And let me tell you why's that. It's actually a funny yet sad, twisted yet unexpected story.

And it all started because of the damn tampons...

***

Earlier that day...

"I want a Dallas in my life." I sigh dreamily and put a handful of popcorns in my mouth while staring at the brown haired guy with a leather jacket on the laptop screen.

How can he be so damn gorgeous? How?

Putting another handful of popcorns in my mouth, I continue watching The Outsiders and imagining Dallas as my boyfriend.

What? It's not weird, okay? I'm sure you've all done it as well.

Single life has been boring recently.

As I watch the movie, mom decides it would be a great time to call out after me from the other side of the house.

"Willa, honey, can you go to the store for me? We're out of tampons." She yells from her and dad's bathroom. With a heavy sigh, I press the pause button on the laptop and make my way there, lazily sliding my feet across the carpeted floor.

"Can't someone else go, mom? I'm kinda busy."

"Watching Dallas for the fourth time this week is hardly called being busy," she snickered then added. "Anyways, I would've sent Jade if she was home. That girl seriously goes out too much." She ends the sentence with a worried mumble and shoves the clean towels she had folded in the bathroom shelves. I furrow my eyebrows.

Jade is my twin and lately, she has been going out a lot more and even staying until sunrise sometimes. One night she even came home with cut lip and bruised eye, and I had to lie my parents to cover for her.

"What about dad?" I think of him as an alternative almost immediately. My little brother would've been the other option if he wasn't too young. Dad will be able to go, yes. Believe it or not, he likes to go to grocery shopping . He says it calms him down for some reason.

"Oh, honey, he refers to the tampons as blood bazookas. Do you really think he's mature enough to buy a box of tampons? He's almost fifty and he's still immature." She laughs at my suggestion then points a finger at me to grab my attention and make me listen. "All the men in his family are like that, you know. Your grandmother warned me, but no. I thought that was refreshing, something different from all the serious guys at the time. Now, he can't go out and buy a simple ladies' product."

Mum rambles on and puts a new soap in the container by the faucets, and I just stare at her, debating whether I should silently walk away while she's distracted and free myself from going to the store.

"What was I saying?" she abruptly cut herself off and looked at me, eyebrows furrowed and lips tight, then lifted those brows in remembrance. "Go get me some tampons before this place looks like a crime scene." She fishes out a fifty from her back pocket, shoves it in my hand and hurries me out of the bathroom. I guess I'm all out of options then. After all, you don't want to deal with a woman on her period.

From there, I go straight to my room. I take a hot second to look for my sneakers and my phone, and when I have them I walk downstairs in the living room. I notice Christopher sitting on the carpet by the couch, playing with his mini plastic soldiers, and I smile. Maybe a little devilishly, too.