49. Inevitable

The men basically threw Norman and I into a disgusting room that was covered in cobwebs and mold.

Norman fell down to the ground with a thud as he was still unconscious. Though my hands and feet were tied together, I was able to catch myself, more importantly save my baby from even more damage.

"Look at the pretty dumb blonde protecting that disgusting huge belly." A man with unkempt, long black hair says to me to another man in the doorway. I turn around and I wanted so badly to look like I could kill them, but with the amount of pain going through my body, I couldn't even pretend to be badass.

I looked over at Norman, who was still unconscious, and all I wanted was for him to wake up.

"You know you're going to die, right? You, him, and that baby. Hell, boss man may even cut that baby out of you and kill it, right in front of you. Last thing you see is your dead baby. What a way to go." The man says to me. I let out a sob. Never taking my eyes off Norman.

I hear the door slam loudly against the panel. I hear a lock turn and I knew that I was stuck in her. No way out. With my feet and hands still tied, I slowly, but surely, got over to Norman. Thankfully, my hands are tied in front of me, instead of behind me. I took my hands and moved his hair out of his face. Gently touching his face. Letting out a whimper.

I can't remember the last time I was able to do this. To gently touch him.

The moment was cut short when a searing pain shot across my stomach. I fell back on my rear and sat against the wall. I wrap my hands around my stomach and hold my breath as the pain throbs within me.

"Baby, I'm so sorry." I whisper over and over. Knowing that there will never be enough apologizes in the world.

Time passed. I couldn't hear a single peep from anything outside this door. I keep worrying about Norman, my mom, my baby and even my sister. I couldn't even tell what time it was or how long I had been in this disgusting room.

I looked up at the ceiling and I could see cracks in the ceiling. "We're gonna die here." I say quietly to myself. My ears perk up when I hear a soft groan. I look over at Norman and see him start to move. I scoot closer to him and smile when I see those small, blue eyes.

"Hey! Oh, thank God! You're awake." I say with excitement in my voice. Norman looks into my eyes and I see the immediate worry. He goes to stand up, but fails due to the restraints. I help him sit up.

"You okay? The baby?" Norman asks me. He grabs my hands and I chuckle. I look into his eyes and I shake my head.

I couldn't lie to him. Not right now. "I'm not. I don't think the baby is either." I say. Norman squeezes my hand and I let a tear fall down my face.

"I keep getting pains. Maybe it's from getting punched in the stomach or maybe I'm in labor. I don't know. Either way, we need to get out of here. I need to go to the hospital and get my baby checked out." I say.

I hear Norman sniffle. I look at his face and it hit me. I just said 'my' baby. Not 'our' baby. I give Norman a squeeze. "I meant our baby. I meant ours." I say. Norman shakes his head and looks down at his lap.

"That's my blood, but that's not my baby. You're mommy and daddy. I wasn't there. I didn't protect that baby. I didn't talk to that baby. I just donated to you. That's it." Norman says to me.

What he is saying, is something I would agree with if I was angry. But, I'm not. I know deep down he loves this baby. Always has.

"I need you to not think about it right now. Don't think about our fights. Don't think about anything, but this baby and getting this baby out of here and safe." I say to Norman. Norman looks up into my eyes and he takes a moment, but he nods his head.