7. A Friend?

It had been around four months since Norman apologized to me. The first month was great. He had just finished wrapping season seven of "The Walking Dead" and he had came back to New York and we were back to our normal selves. That was until around month two when someone came into the picture. Her name is Charlotte. She's a model and good looking, so it didn't really surprise me when Norman introduced me to her.

           I've never had a problem with Norman and his girls. Hell I'm even still friends with a few and so is he. But since Norman has been with her, he has barely talked to me or even visited. Last I heard his voice was almost a week and a half ago. It might be stupid, but I feel like I've created these feelings for Norman. After he apologized, I don't know. My heart just felt different when he was around. I've never really been in love, so I can't say if that is what I'm feeling, but these feelings I have for him is so new and I have no idea why it popped up.

          I grabbed my phone and went through my Instagram and noticed there were a tons of people I knew posting photos from somewhere tropical. Then I noticed Norman also posted a photo. It was of his feet, but the ocean was in front of him and I knew where he was and where everyone else was. Costa Rica. I saw so many photos and videos from the people I follow. A lot of the photos and videos had Norman and Charlotte in them.

          My heart sort of broke. Norman had almost all his friends with him, except me. I put my phone down and started crying. This wasn't Norman... or was it? Did Charlotte change him or did she bring out the true Norman? I was in my thoughts when I heard my phone start to ring. I picked it up and noticed it was Mingus.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hey, Piper... can you come over to moms for a minute? I just need some help with something." Mingus said over the phone. I closed my eyes and sighed. Helena didn't like me. I still have no idea why, but she didn't, but Mingus was like a son to me, so I put my bullshit aside and agreed.

           I was on Helena's front door step. It's so weird, but I was nervous. I took a deep breath and knocked. I waited until I heard the front door unlock. When the door opened, Helena was standing there. "Hey, Helena... Mingus called and asked me to come over. Said he needed some help." I said to her. Trying not to start a fight. She smiled at me and started laughing. "Oh thank God." She said. She looked up at me and hugged me. "It's his math homework. I've been trying for two hours to figure this shit out and I can't." She said as she pulled away. "Please come in." She said to me.

          I was still a little shocked she hugged me or even wanted me around Mingus. I walked inside and noticed how beautiful her place was. I heard her close the door behind me. "I'll take you to his room." Helena said to me while walking up the stairs. We got to Mingus' room and I walked in. "Good luck with that math shit." I heard Helena say behind me. "What is the problem, Mingus?" I asked him. Mingus and I spent the last hour figuring out his homework. Once we finally understood it, it was easy. "All right, Ming. I gotta go. Love you." I said to Mingus, bending over to kiss the top of his head.

           I started walking towards the door. "Are you and my dad okay?" I heard Mingus ask. I stopped dead in my tracks. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. I turned around and looked at him. "My dad never went on any vacation without you. Not unless you didn't want to go." Mingus said. "I'm not sure if your dad and I are alright. I wish I could say we were... but... anyways, I love you and good luck at school tomorrow." I said to Mingus walking out the door. I got downstairs and went to walk out the door. "Don't leave so fast." I heard a voice behind me. I turn around to see Helena standing near her kitchen counter.

           Again, I'm surprised she's actually talking to me. I slowly walk over to her kitchen counter and she hands me a beer. I sit down across from her. "Thank you. I mean it. You have no idea how nerve wracking that shit was." She said to me. I snorted. "Trust me... I know. Remember when we were in school and math work was normal math work?" I said to Helena. We both busted out laughing. "True. True." She replied.