12. Early Birthday Present

I was in a dream when I could hear and feel Norman trying to wake me up. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Norman. "Wake up, Sunshine. We are here." I hear Norman say. I look to my right and see my parents house. I smile at the sight of the house. It's been a while since I've been here. I rubbed my eyes and exited the car.

          I went to the trunk and pulled out my suitcase and Norman's while Norman paid the cab driver. "Here, let me grab those." Norman says to me as he run over to me. He grabs his and mine and I laugh. "You always got to carry my luggage, Norman?" I asked him with a big smile on my face. He looked at me and smiled back. "Always." Norman says to me. I roll my eyes and we both start walking towards the front door. Once we get up the steps, I knock on the door. I turn back towards Norman and point my finger at him. "No... funny... business." I say to him with a smirk. He chuckles at me.

          I turn around just as my dad opens the door. "Hi, daddy." I say to him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug. I hug him back and smile into his shoulder. "It's been a while, my little punk." he says to me. I roll my eyes at the nickname him and my mom gave me since the day I was born. I pull away and look at him. "You gonna let us in?" I ask him. He smiles at me and Norman and lets us into the house.

          Once we were in the house, Norman puts the luggage on the floor and looks at my dad. "Nice to see you again, Michael." Norman says to my dad, holding out his hand. My dad takes his hand and brings him in for a hug. "Nice to see you too, Norman. You been taking care of my daughter?" my dad asks Norman. Norman hesitates before answering. My mom and dad don't know about the whole Charlotte situation or the baby and the miscarriage. I decide to answer to help Norman out. "It's Norman dad... when isn't he taking care of me?" I say to him. My dad smiles and looks over at Norman.

          "Norman staying in the same room that he always stays in when we visit?" I ask my dad. My dad nodes. "Your mom went to pick up your sister." my dad says. I look at him and scowl. "Why? I thought it was just going to be you, mom, Norman and myself." I say to my dad. My sister and I don't get along very well. Not since I caught her with an ex boyfriend of mine a few years back. It happened a year before I met Norman. I was seventeen at the time while my sister was fifteen. Every since then... things just haven't been the same since.

          I roll my eyes and sigh. "I'm gonna go get Norman set up." I say quietly. I grab my luggage, but not before Norman grabs it from me. I smile at him. I let go of my suitcase and Norman and I start going upstairs. I take him into the room he always stays in when we visit. I open the door and let Norman go in first. Once we were both in the room, I shut the door and laid on the bed. I put my hand over my face and let out a irritated sigh. "Why? Why did they have to invite her? It was supposed to be just the four of us." I say.

          I hear Norman sigh and I feel the bed dip a little beside me. "Scoot over." I hear Norman say to me. I scoot over and lay on my side facing Norman. I watch as he lays in front of me and faces me. He brings his hand up to my face and makes little circles with his thumb. "Listen... I understand you can't stand her, but this is your birthday. Don't let her or anyone else ruin it. I'm sure your parents know that you two don't get along, but... maybe they just want to have both of their daughters under the same roof. Even for just a few hours." Norman says to me. I look into his eyes and smile. I bring my hand up to his face and play with his goatee.

          I lean forwards and softly kiss him on the lips. I think I surprised him a little because it took him a few seconds to kiss me back. Our lips start moving in sync and I put my hand in hair, while his hands travel down to my back. I moan into the kiss and I feel him smile against my lips. The fact that my dad was downstairs and that we were in my parent's house, totally left my mind. In this moment, I forgot everything except what was happening.