11. Day Before

When Norman said "let's go fix our lives.", he wasn't joking. He had broken up with Charlotte and I had apologized to Mingus.

          Now it's my birthday. Well, almost. It's tomorrow, but Norman and I are flying down to Tennessee to visit my parents for my birthday.

          Norman was at his apartment getting some clothes and stuff for the trip, and I was at mine doing the same thing. It's late July, so I know it will be hotter down south than here in New York. So I packed some shorts and a two piece bikini.

          As I was putting my bikini into my suitcase, I heard a knock at my door. I quickly zipped up my stuff and picked it up and bring down stairs. I wasn't going to be staying for a while, but just a few days, so no need to pack much. I throw my suitcase on my couch and open my door. I smile at who is there. "Well, hello there Norman."

          He smiles back at me. "Hello to you as well, Sunshine." Norman says to me. I roll my eyes at the nickname. "You have anything you want me to take downstairs to the car?" Norman asks me. I shake my head. "Nah. Not going to be there long. Just bringing this." I said, pointing at my suitcase. Norman walks pass me and grabs it. I go to grab it from him. "Norman, I can carry my own luggage." I say to him, trying to snatch it away from him. He smiles at me. "I know you can... but I want to help." Norman says to me. I look into his eyes and smile.

          It's only been a week and a half since everything happened, but I feel at home right now. Back with my best friend. I walk closer to him and pull him into a hug. He drops my luggage and hugs me back. "It's so nice having you back." I say to Norman. His hug gets tighter around me. I feel him kiss the top of my head. "Me too, Sunshine." He says to me. I look up at him and kiss his chin. "Let's go. I don't want to miss the flight." I say to Norman as I pull away.

          Norman and I got on the plane just in time. He had gotten us seats in first class, which I am thankful for. Being thousands a feet in the air, was never something I liked, but it's faster than a car ride. "Hey, you want anything to drink or eat?" Norman asks me. I look over at him and smile. I shake my head no. I looked back out the window.

           We were half way through the ride when a memory popped up in my head. I looked over at Norman and nudged him. He looked up from his phone and over at me. "Do you remember when you first met my dad?" I ask Norman. He starts chuckling. "Yep... I sure do." He says. We both chuckle at the memory.

**FLASHBACK**

          "Meeting your parents, huh?" Norman asks me with a smirk. I look over at him and fake laugh. "Listen... we have sex sometimes, but let's keep that to ourselves. All right? We aren't a couple. We are friends." I say to Norman. Norman and I have been having sex with each other for a few months now. I'm almost nineteen now. Norman and I have an age difference. About sixteen years. I was always drawn to older men and I wasn't lying to my dad when I told him that. My father was never fond of the fact I liked older men. Norman is in his early thirty's and the last thing I need is for my father to know Norman and I are rocking the bed some nights.

          "So no telling your father that I make you moan my name?" Norman asks me. I look over at him and lightly hit his shoulder. I chuckle at him. "No, don't. If you do, you may not make it home to your son... 'cause my father will kill you and bury you in the backyard and let the dog shit on your grave." I say to Norman. He looks at me and smiles. "All right. No telling daddy about this." I smile at him and mouth thank you.

          The cab driver finally pulled up in front of my parents house and I sighed. Norman grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I'll be on best behavior. I promise." I smile at him. I pulled my hand away and opened the door and got out. I paid the cab driver while Norman got our luggage. "Is that my first born daughter?" I hear my dad shout. The cab driver left and Norman and I were walking towards the house. I run up and hug my dad. "Hey, daddy. How are you doing?" I ask him. "Oh you know, still listening to your mother bitch about things." I chuckle at my dad.