45. Love Moves On

"So... I promised you that I would vlog this. For the past hour, I've actually been cleaning up the mess I made in your father's apartment. I was so angry and stupid and careless. And this is definitely not my best moment." I say into the camera.

I was covered in even more sweat and I was slightly out of breath.

"When you're older and watch this video, I want you to learn from this video. Don't do stupid shit or you'll have to clean the shit up." I say with a smile as I close the video.

I put the camera back in my bag and get back to cleaning. It seemed like the more I cleaned, the dirty the place got.

I sit down on the floor and look at the living room. "This is my purgatory." I say.

I hear my phone ring and I groan and roll my eyes.

I get up from the floor with struggle and walk back to my bag and grab my phone. I see that it's Lucy.

"Hello?" I answer the phone. I quickly remove the phone from my ear as Lucy starts getting upset and loud.

"The fuck? You think to call me? It's midnight. Midnight! I had no idea if you were hurt or what." Lucy says. I put the phone back to my ear and chuckle. "I'm sorry. I really am. I just... I needed to do something. That's all." I say into the phone.

Lucy doesn't say anything for a few short seconds, but I hear her sigh. "I love you. Call me if you need me to come and get you." Lucy says to me. I smile into the phone even though she can't see me. "Love you, too. Bye." I say as I hang up the phone.

I throw my phone back into my bag and just as I do I feel my baby kick my stomach with such force that it actually knocks me onto the couch. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I ask my baby as I hold my stomach.

I let out some deep breaths before standing back up.

Just as I stand up, I hear the door handle shake like someone was putting a key in the lock. My eyes immediately go wide. I grab my bag and sprint into his bedroom. I look around the room and decide to hide in his closet.

I throw my bag in the corner and shut the closet door and turn the light off.

With Norman's closet actually a walk-in closet, and the amount of space, it wasn't hard to hide in a corner.

I calm my breathing down as best as I can. I grab my stomach out of instinct to protect my young.

I hear the door open and I immediately hear his voice and my baby's must know it to, because the second I hear his voice in distress about his apartment, the baby kicks me again.

I let out a little gasp as the kick was strong like before.

"The fuck happened to my apartment?! Hey! If you're still here you need to come out right now before I call the cops. You hear me?" I hear Norman holler out. I chuckle at his attempt to get an intruder to reveal themselves.

I feel another kick, this one wasn't as strong as the other two, but for some reason, I felt like the baby was telling me something. I couldn't figure it out, but when my feet started moving and slowly opening the closet door, I got the message. The baby was telling me to get my ass out of this shit and talk to it's father.

As I'm about to step outside his bedroom door, my heart breaks when I hear a female speak. "I have pepper spray." the unknown woman says. A frown forms on my face as I let out a whimper.