25. The Man I love

The best coffee shop in town was only about 5 or 6 minutes away from set. Andy and I got into the coffee shop, ordered all the coffee's and sat down at the table while they got them ready.

         "So be honest... how is everything healing?" Andy asks me. I look him in the eyes and smile. "Honestly... I have some little moments of pain, but nothing like it was. I'm no longer on pain pills and no longer having to be cautious how I lay down and sleep." I say to Andy. Andy nods his head. "But... if I lay with my back towards Norman, I'm more than likely gonna wake up with him spooning me." I say to Andy with a chuckle. Andy lets out a laugh and puts his hand on his stomach.

          Once the laughter had settled down, it was quiet. That was until two girls came up to Andy and I. They couldn't have been more than 15 years old. "Hi... Mr. Lincoln do you think we could get a photo?" one of the girls ask Andy. A big smile appears on Andy's face and he gets up from his chair. "Of course!" Andy exclaims with excitement in his voice. Andy no longer works on the show, but that doesn't mean the love his fans have for him are ever gonna die down.

          After the girls took a few photos with Andy, they gave him one last hug and then walked away. Andy sat down and looked at me. "Must be a good feeling." I say to Andy. Andy gives me a confused look. I let out a chuckle. "Having people show love to you, even though they have no idea who you are personally. They love you unconditionally." I say to Andy. Andy nods his head at me. "I guess you're right. It does feel nice." Andy says to me. I look back at the register and see that they are still working on our order.

          I look back at Andy and sigh. "Andy... do you think Norman actually likes me or do you think it's just a physical feeling?" I ask Andy. I know it's probably crap to think Norman doesn't like me as a girlfriend, but can't blame a girl for having thoughts. Andy looks me in the eyes and chuckles. "If it was just physical, he wouldn't have taken care of you the way he has. That man... loves you like I've never seen." Andy says to me. I smile appears on my face. I nod my head at him. "TWD" one of the barista's holler out. I look towards the counter and see our coffee's. "Let's go." I say to Andy. We both get up and grab the cup holders full of coffee.

          I chuckle at the fact that the names are put on the coffee's. We never even told them the names of the people who wanted those coffee's and they already knew because of how many times they come over and order the same coffee. Andy opened the door for me and we both made our way outside and into his car. I could literally see the set from the coffee shop, so it didn't take us long to get from the shop to the set.

          After Andy and I had taken the coffee's to set. We waited a few hours and then they finally wrapped. You never really get to see how much work in put into making this beautiful show. You only see what is televised. I have a much more appreciation for the cast and crew and all the hard work they put into this show. I knew they worked hard, but to actually see them work, it just makes you love and appreciate them more. We all stood out in the parking lot of the set and discussed dinner plans for tomorrow.

          "I know you two are arriving in New York late tomorrow, so how about we meet at the restaurant around 7?" Jeffrey asked Norman and I. I nodded my head and Jeffrey and Norman did the same. "All right. Looks like we have plans set. See you tomorrow." Jeffrey says to Norman, Andy and I. Norman and I hug Andy one last time before getting in the car and driving off.

          It was late and I assumed Norman was quiet because he was tired, but I had a feeling in my gut that wasn't the reason. I look over at Norman and sigh. "Are you okay? You're awfully quiet." I say to Norman. Norman never answers me and never takes his eyes off the road. I look away from him and look out the passenger window. Trying to think of everything I could have done to make him pissed. "Did the coffee shop get the coffee wrong?" I ask him. I get the same response. Nothing. I hate when Norman's pissed.