37. Explore

We pull in front of his apartment and I take a deep breath. I look over at Lucy and shake my head. "What am I doing again?" I ask her. Lucy lets out a chuckle. "Go up there and just... see where this could possibly go. I'm not saying go up there and kiss him and screw his brains out. Just... go up there and see where this friendship could possibly go." Lucy says to me. I nod my head at her and look up at the apartment building. I take a deep breath and open the car door and step out. Reaching down and grabbing my bag.

           I close the door and take a deep breath. I bend down to look at Lucy in the car. "You promise to take care of the paper work?" I ask her. Lucy chuckles at me. "Yes. Now go!" Lucy says before driving off. I watch as her car leaves. I cross the street and get up to the stairs and press the button to tell him I'm here. I let out a sigh when no one answers the buzzer. "Of course he isn't home... he is more than likely at work." I say quietly to myself.

          I pull my phone out and see that I have a message. I let out a sigh when I see that it's from Norman.

          "Hey Pipes I wanna meet up. What do you say we meet at my place around 7 tonight. I just wanna talk with u and see if we can fix this." I lightly shake my head at the message before deleting the message. I turn around and start to walk down the steps when I see Connor standing there. I give him a smile before putting my phone back in my back pocket.

           "Wow... I uh... I didn't expect you to be here." Connor says to me. I smile at him. "You look good. Not that you didn't before... but shorter and blonder hair looks really good on you." Connor says to me. He walks up and sticks a key in the door before opening it. Allowing me to go in before him.

          Once we got into his apartment, he turned on the lights and shut the door behind him. "Hey! You added a new piece of art!" I say to Connor as I walk up to it. He hasn't yet hung it up. "Oh, yeah. Got it the other day. Not sure where I want to put it." Connor admits to me. I look back at him and chuckle. "Well if you want, I can help you look for the perfect spot." I say to Connor. Connor gives me a smile before putting his case against the counter.

          "Hey, you mind if I put my bag right here? I gotta pee." I ask Connor. Connor cocks his head to the side. "How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to ask?" Connor says to me. I give him a smile before putting my bag on the couch and walking to the bathroom.

           After I use the bathroom, I wash my hands and look in the mirror. I smile at my image. I really did like my shorter and lighter hair. I dry my hands and walk out of the bathroom.

         I almost fall back when I bump into a body. I look up and see Connor snorting from laughter. "I'm sorry." Connor tries to say through his laughing. I shake my head at him. "I gotta get outta these clothes." Connor says to me. "What time did you go to work this morning?" I ask Connor. Connor looks at me and wipes the tears that were in his eyes from his laughing.

           "I actually had to go in super early. Five this morning." Connor says to me. I give him a sorry look before walking away and allowing him to go and change. I walk into the living room and I feel my phone buzz. I reach into my back pocket and pull out my phone. I unlock it and see that the message is from Norman.

          "Pipes please text me back. Can we please try to fix this?" I rolled my eyes and deleted the text before turning my phone off and putting it on the table.

           "Do you mind if I grab a glass and pour myself some water?" I holler at Connor who was still changing. I knew this question would make him roll his eyes. I heard him groan from his bedroom. "Stop asking. Just do." Connor says to me. I laugh and walk into the kitchen and make myself a glass.