34. There's Always a Reason

It's been around a month since Connor and I had caught up with one another. We have been texting each other. Mostly sending stupid memes to one another.

"Hey, babe!" I hear Norman holler. I get up from the bed and walk into the living room. I lean against the wall as I see Norman putting food into Eye's food bowl. "Yes?" I ask him. He turns around and looks at me with a smile. "You sure you don't wanna come?" Norman asks me. I scoff at him. I use my body to push off the wall. I walk over to Norman and wrap my arms around his torso.

His cologne filling my nostrils. Norman wraps his arms around me and puts his head on top of mine. Placing a kiss. I let out a sigh and look up into his eyes. "As much as I want to go... I just don't feel like traveling to the other side of the country." I say to Norman. Norman looks into my eyes and nods his head.

I love Norman, but right now I just want to stay put. We went from Georgia, to New York, to Costa Rica and then back to New York. I just don't want to be on another plane. Not right now.

I lean up and bring my lips to his. Allowing us both to have this moment. His lips slightly chapped from the New York weather. I take my hand and rub the side of his face. Feeling the stubble.

I pull away and look into those light blue eyes of his. "I love you, Norman. More than you'll ever know." I say to him. Norman smiles down at me and nods his head. "My plane don't leave for another hour. So if you change your mind, I would love to have you." Norman says to me. I pull out of the hug and smile at him as I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water.

I hear Norman walk in behind me. I close the fridge door and turn around to look at him. He no longer had that smile on his face. "Are we okay?" Norman asks me. I squint my eyes at him and cock my head. "What do you mean?" I ask him. Though I didn't need to ask him. For the last month, Norman and I have been kind of distant from one another. It started mostly with him being too quiet. I keep trying to figure out what was wrong, but once I knew that I wasn't gonna get an answer out of him I just started closing him off as well.

Norman leans against the counter as I take a sip of my water. "We usually go everywhere together. I gotta be in LA tomorrow for Talking Dead. I just kinda thought you'd wanna be there." Norman says to me. I put my water on the counter and look at him. "I'm just tired, Norman. We traveled a lot these last few months. I just kinda wanna... stay in New York for a bit. I know in a few months you and I will be going back down to Georgia, so I just don't want to drained before then." I say to Norman.

I'm not lying to him. It's partly true. I am tired of traveling. But I also think a few days will be good for him. I walk up to him and grab his hand and lightly squeeze it. "Something is wrong. You're different. Closed off. I've noticed it... Maybe a few days apart will be good for you." I say to Norman. Norman takes his hand out of mine and shakes his head. "No... it won't. I want my girl with me and yet you seem to want to be away from me." Norman says to me. I shake my head at him and I feel the anger rising within me.

"Oh, please. You are the one who closed me off first. You, not me." I say to Norman in a hateful tone. Norman looked away from me and I could hear him breathing heavily. I shook my head and grabbed my water and started to walk away. I didn't want out last conversation to be an argument before he left but I'm not in the mood to deal with this.

I start to walk back into the living room, but I get stopped dead in my tracks by a hand on my arm. I turn around and see Norman standing there with tears in his eyes. His hand travels down to mine and grab my water and puts it on the table before grabbing my hands and squeezing them.

I watch as he clears his throat. "I did something. Something I shouldn't have done." Norman says to me. I look into his eyes and I feel my throat tighten up. "What? What did you do?" I ask him. I see his Adam's Apple move up and down. I remove my hands from his and grip his arms. "Norman? What did you do?" I ask him. He looks down into my eyes and I see the pain behind it.

"It was a mistake." Norman says to me. With just those four words, I felt my world collapse. I stare into his eyes. Hoping this is nothing but a nightmare.

"Around a month ago... I was at the warehouse. Shooting some stuff for the game... and it was late and you told me you were gonna be late because you had some stuff do to at the animal center." Norman said to me. I felt the tears running down my face. I could feel my throat tightening up and I still had my hands on his arms.

"Who? Who was it?" I ask him. Norman looks into my eyes and I look into his. "An assistant. You have to understand it didn't mean anything. It still doesn't. I regretted it the moment it happened." Norman said to me. I dropped my hands from his arms and shook my head. "Why?" is all I ask Norman. He looks at me and I can see the wheels turning in his head. "If I had a reason why... I would tell you. I'm sorry, Pipes. You know I love you. You know that." Norman says to me. I slowly back away from him and walk over to the couch and lean on the back.

Norman touches my shoulder and I jerk away from him. "There's a reason. I wanna know the goddamn reason. There's a reason for everything." I say to him as I turn around and wipe my tears away. He shakes his head and I push him back. "Tell me!" I yell at him. My chest rising and falling harshly, my breathing is loud. "Just tell me why." I say to him with my voice breaking up.

Norman looks into my eyes and let's out a sob. "I was pissed. At you. That was the fifth night in a role you had blew me off and I just... I got pissed and she was there and was telling me all these things to make me feel better and..." Norman doesn't even have to finish because I put my hand up and try to calm my breathing down. "You fucked someone else... because I stayed at work?" I ask him. Norman looks away from me and I wipe the tears off my face and more build and fall down my face.

I try to calm my breath down before looking at Norman again. When I look into those eyes my heart breaks even more. "I'm gonna... gonna head back to my apartment. You have a safe flight." I say to Norman as I start walking towards the bedroom to grab my stuff.

I didn't even get five feet away from Norman before he grabbed onto my arm. I quickly turn around and slap him as hard as I can across the face. "Don't touch me." I say with venom on my tongue.

Norman slowly backed away from me and turned away and walked out the door. I let out a sob and fell down to the ground and just sobbed. I knew that something was wrong between us. I just didn't know that it was because of his unfaithfulness.

After a good thirty minutes, I packed some of my stuff and walked out of the door. I grabbed a cab and went back to my apartment.

I wanted to talk to someone. I needed too, but I have no one. I don't have Norman, my parents, my sister. I have no one. That is until I get on my phone and call the only person I know.

I know it's a short chapter. The next chapter will have both Norman and Piper's POV's. Norman's will be of that night.