10. Clear Air

It had has been roughly around five months since I lost my baby. Lost my little Reedus family. Helena, Mingus and even Norman have tried to contact me the last five months, but I refuse to answer. Though I have them blocked on almost everything, they still try. I actually ended up moving into a better apartment. My last apartment was nice, but this one is just better.

          I still live in NYC, because this place is kind of my home. Has been for over a decade. My birthday is coming up in a few days and I promised my mom I would come and see my dad and her down in Tennessee.

          After I had eaten my breakfast, I got on my computer and went through my emails. I still had to do a little work on my apartment, but it's been keeping my head clear of other things. It feels weird because this apartment is bigger than my last one, so even with all my furniture, it still feels empty. "God I hate furniture shopping." I said to myself. I finished the last of my emails and shut my computer.

          This may seem odd, but I really miss Eye. When Norman had to leave town and Mingus couldn't watch, Eye, I would. "I may have to adopt a pet soon." I said to myself.

           I had decided to take a nice, long shower and when I mean nice and long, I mean nice and long. After I was finished, I had gotten out and dried myself off and put on a pair of blue jeans with a black shirt on.

I had just finished drying my hair when there was a knock on my door. I was a little surprised because I haven't told anyone, but Lucy I had moved and she's not in town right now. I went downstairs and looked through the peephole to see it was Jay. I opened the door and a smile grew on Jay's face. "Hey Pipes!" Jay said to me. He reached around and hugged me. I was still a little shocked. "Hey, Jay." I said back.

          Jay had pulled away and saw a look of confusion on my face. "Your friend... Lucy. I had went by the shelter a couple of days ago, looking for you. She said you had moved and she couldn't remember the exact address or apartment number, but she knew the general area. An old lady downstairs said you had moved in about a month and a half ago. I've been knocking on everyone's door." Jay said to me. I just smiled at him. "I'm so sorry, Jay, but hey, you found me." I said to him. He just smiled. He nodded at me. "You going to let me in or..." Jay asked me. I laughed at myself. "Sorry, of course, come in." I said to Jay.

          Jay walked in and I could tell he was digging the place. I shut the door and led him to the couch. We both sat down. "So... how are you?" Jay asked me. I looked up at him and forced a smile. "I've been okay. You know? Just been busy." I say to him. He tilted his head at me. I titled my head as well. "What?" I ask him. He smiled at me. "I can smell bullshit from a mile away. And Norman's girl told everyone you lost the baby." Jay said to me. I scoffed. Of course that bitch decided to tell everyone about something they had no right knowing.

           "Listen... Jay... I really don't want to talk about her, Norman, Mingus or the baby... okay... please?" I plead with Jay. I decide to change the subject. "So what is going on in the Jay world?" I ask him. He just smiles at me. "Well... not much if I'm being honest... my mom and I are getting together tomorrow and going out for lunch. That's really about it." Jay says to me. I smile at him. "Well I hope you have fun." I say to him. Jay just smiles at me.

           "So... a new coffee shop just opened up a couple of blocks from here. You wanna join me in trying it out for the first time?" Jay asks me. I chuckle at him. "I don't drink coffee." I say to him. He scoffs at my comment. "I totally forgot about that... well I'm sure they will have hot chocolate down there." Jay says to me. I shake my head and smile. I throw my hands up in the air. "All right... let me get some shoes on." I say to Jay as I get up. I walk to my room and put on some sneakers.