42. Journey Around

It's been a couple of months since I left New York and most of my life behind. Lucy has been with me since a week after I left New York. She left a trust worthy person in charge of the shelter. I still work from my computer, as does Lucy.

Connor called me later that night that I had left. I told him I was sorry and I couldn't force him to help raise this child. We cried and I ended up telling him goodbye and hanging up. Not wanting to stress myself or the baby out more than I already was.

My mom ended up calling me back and I told her I loved her and that I was okay, but I wouldn't be calling. At least not for a while.

I opened my Instagram back up, but I removed Norman, Helena, Mingus and Connor. I love each one of them, but this is now my pregnancy. Last thing I want is for them to see my growing bump. Especially, Norman.

"Here is your water on rocks." Lucy says to me as she hands me a cup with water and ice. I look up from my seat and smile at her. "Thank you." I say. I take a sip from my cup and put it on the table.

"So, where we going after we leave here?" Lucy asks me. I shake my head at her.

"No idea. Gonna let the map decide our destination." I say to her. Lucy looks away from me and out towards the ocean.

I reach into my bag and pull my camera out. I hear Lucy chuckle at me. "What? I wanna document everything for the baby." Lucy grabs the camera and turns it on.

"Hi, my child." I hear Lucy laugh at what I've been calling my baby. Her not realizing that I actually have a nickname for my child, I just haven't told her yet.

"So, I know when you're older and you watch all of these, it will probably takes you days to watch all the videos. And the thing is... we're not even close to being done." I say with a chuckle.

"So far... you, me and aunt Lucy have been traveling a lot. Which you obviously know. We've been to Salta, Argentina, which was absolutely beautiful. We did see a couple of snakes which, for mommy, is a no-go." I say to the camera. Lucy laughs at me remembering how much I hate snakes.

"After we left Salta, we went to Banff, which is a town in Alberta. Such a beautiful place. It's cold, but beautiful." I look over at Lucy and chuckle. "This baby is going to hate me." I say. Lucy loses it and starts laughing. "No, it won't." I nod my head up and down as I continue to laugh.

"This baby is going to be like, "I know, mom. You've already recorded the experience. Don't gotta name all the places again."" I say to Lucy through my laughter.

Once we finally calm down, I continue talking into the camera.

"Then we went to Nuuk, Greenland. Which, I can see why everyone loves it there. It was so peaceful and beautiful." I say remembering how nice it was there.

"After that, the Grand Canyon. Can't really be an American if you don't try to visit the Grand Canyon once in your life. When you get here and you get to be a bit older, I'll bring you back. It's something to see with your own eyes." I say.

"And now... we are here in Guanajuato, Mexico. It's warm and nice here. We'll be leaving in a couple of days and Lucy is gonna force me to do a photo shoot on the beach, so you'll have those photos as well. Well, I'll vlog you later." I say as I blow a kiss at the camera.

Lucy shuts the camera and hands it back to me. I put it back into my bag and take another sip from my glass.

"So, I gotta admit something." Lucy says to me. I look at her and wait for her to start speaking. "Don't take this the wrong way... but why are you so happy?" Lucy asks me. I squint my eyes at her. Not sure about the question.