40. King

This chapter will be in two POV's

**NORMAN'S POV**

           We all watched this doctor and were waiting for him to tell us what was going on. "I want to start off by saying that, she isn't yet awake. She should be soon." Once he said that, we all let out a sigh of relief.

           "What happened?" Lucy asks. The doctor looks at her. "Gallstones. When a gallstone blocks one of the bile ducts, it can cause sudden pain. Sometimes severe pain. Sometimes so severe the patient passes out. Which is what happened in this case." The doctor says to us all. I look at Mingus and can see that he was relieved she would be okay.

          "We did remove her gallbladder. We prefer not to do this during the pregnancy, but we felt it was needed." The doctor reveals to us all. It took me a second to fully take in what he just said. First she had surgery and she's pregnant.

          "She's pregnant?" Helena asks the doctor. The doctors expression reveals that he assumed we knew. "I'm sorry. I thought you would have known, but yes. She's pregnant. Does anyone know what she was doing today?" Doc asked us. I was about to say I stressed her out, but then Connor spoke up. "Um... we went walking today, had some pizza." Connor reveals. Doc nods his head at Connor. "Food is usually the main reason for the attack. Did she get sick?" he asked Connor.

         Connor nodded his head. The doc grabbed the chart and started writing some things down. I looked over at Connor and a really big part of me wanted to run over and strangle him. He got her pregnant. He got the woman I love pregnant. And since we hadn't been broken for more than a couple weeks and the last time we were intimate with one another was almost two months ago, then that means she and Connor were together before the incident.

           I was about to just leave, not wanting to deal with this, but Mingus grabbed onto my arm. "You okay?" Mingus asks me. I look into his eyes and smile. "Piper's okay. Or will be. That means I'm okay." I say to Mingus. Mingus smile at me and looks back towards the doctor. "If she wakes up today, then she will more than likely be able to go home tomorrow. We usually allow people to go home the same day after gallbladder surgery, but with her being pregnant and her passing out, I would like to keep her for day. But, once she wakes up, I'll let you all know." Doc says before walking out of the waiting room.

           Hours went by and I just kept getting angrier and angrier. Helena noticed this. She taps me on my knee and motions with her head for me to follow her. I get up from the seat and follow her to a secluded area of the hospital.

          "What's wrong?" Helena asked me. I looked into her eyes and chuckled. "She's pregnant." I say to Helena. Helena smiles up at me. "I know. You excited?" Helena asks me. I stare into her eyes and shake my head. "There is no way that child is mine. It's been almost two months since we had sex. She would have figured out she was pregnant before we split. Which means she and Connor were together before she and I..." I trail off.

           Helena lifts my chin up. "Women are different. Pregnancies are different. Just because I found out I was pregnant within 3 weeks of mine... doesn't mean that Piper would find out that early. We have no idea how far along she is. And maybe she did know, but hasn't told you yet. Norman... there are hundreds of reasons why this child could be yours. And how do you know she and Connor have even had sex? Friends can just be friends." Helena says to me.

         I nod my head at her. "That's true. I still talk to a few of my ex's... but Connor is an ex of hers. One that she supposedly loved. I have no doubt, especially the way he walked into here, that they are either together or have been together." I say to Helena before walking away. I didn't get very far before Helena grabbed my upper arm and stopped me.