8. Do I Lie or Not?

It had been nearly a week since Helena and I had dinner with Mingus and her parents. Helena had went to the store and bought me a pregnancy test. That had been the day after the dinner and I still hadn't taken it. I was too afraid to see the results.

          I went to the bathroom and decided I have to do this. I have to know once and for all. As I am looking in the mirror, I could see my face. The complete and utter worry on it. I closed my eyes are sighed. "Stop being such a pussy and take the test." I said to myself. I opened my eyes and opened the box. I took the pregnancy test out and stared at it for a minute. "You are about to tell me my future. You little asshole." I mumbled to myself. 

          I pulled my pants and underwear down and sat on the toilet. I put the stick between my legs and did my business. After I was finished, I put the cap back on the test and put it on the sink. I need to give it three minutes, so I sit up and pull my stuff back on. I lean over and flush the toilet and get on my phone. "Three minutes and that stupid little test decides my future. How ridiculous is that?" I asked myself. I get on Instagram and go to Helena's account. That's when I notice the picture she had taken of her and I. I smiled at the photo. The smiles on both of us look genuine. It still felt weird to have Helena not hate me, but it also felt so nice.

           I like the photo and comment on it. "Look at us." I commented with a heart emoji. I scrolled through some of the comments and found some nice ones and not some nice ones. Trolls can be the worst. Why waste time on someone you hate? I will never understand it. I just scroll past them and notice Jay's comment. "Two beautiful ladies I see..." I smiled at his comment. Jay and I never were close, but when Norman hung around him, Jay was always nice to me. Jay has made it known to me before that he found me attractive and would like to give us a shot, but I just never found him attractive that way. He isn't ugly by any means, he just isn't my type I guess.

           I like his comment and reply. "The prettier one took the photo...(Helena)..." I replied. I turn my phone off and look towards the bathroom. I sigh and walk back over towards the sink. I keep my eyes on the mirror in front of me and I grab the test. I take a deep breath and look down.

          I felt like I couldn't breath. "No this can't be happening." I say to myself. I throw the test across the bathroom and slide down the wall. I put my head between my legs and just cry and cry and cry. The old Norman, the one before he met Charlotte. I would have been okay with having a child with that Norman, but not this Norman. Not the Norman that quit talking to me and especially the one in a relationship with someone. I might not like Charlotte, but I couldn't get in the way of Norman's relationship. I just couldn't.

          I don't know how long I sat down on that bathroom floor. Truth is I probably would have stayed there longer if I hadn't heard someone knock on my door. I look up and exhale. "Please just leave me alone." I say quietly to myself. I heard someone knock on my door again. "Goddamn it." I say. I sit up and look in the mirror and notice my face is a little puffy. I splash some cold water on my face, hoping to help it a bit. I grab my towel and dry my face off.

          I close the bathroom door behind me and start walking towards the front door. I open it to see it's Mingus and Helena. "Oh hey! Sorry it took me a minute." I say to them both. I open the door all the way so they both can come in. "I'm sorry for just coming over, but I need to leave tonight. I got to go to Denmark tonight. My mom needs me." Helena says. She looks over at Mingus who was now going through my fridge. "I need someone to watch him. He can't go, he has school tomorrow and Norman is still in Costa Rica. You think you could watch him for me?" Helena asks me.

          I nod my head. "Of course. Plus, it's time I beat his ass in some Mario Kart." I say to Helena. I hear her snort. "HA! You wish!" I heard Mingus say from the fridge. "Thank you, Piper. Seriously, thank you." Helena says to me. She walks towards me and brings me in for a hug. "It's really no problem, Helena. It's going to be fun." I say. She pulls away from me and walks over to Mingus. She put both her hands on each side of his face and makes him look at her. "You be good. I don't care if you're almost eighteen. You be good." Helena says to Mingus. I smile at the sight of them both.