20. Want

I opened my eyes and saw Piper looking at me with those beautiful green eyes of hers. My eyes went wide and threw myself out of the chair and was at her side within a second. I grabbed her hand and tears started pouring down my face. "Hey Pipes. Oh, I've been so worried about you." I said to her. She squeezed my hand and smiled. "Don't be. I'm fine." Piper said to me with that beautiful smile of hers.

          I leaned forward and kissed her. Those soft, pink lips. I felt a relief wash over me. She's okay. I pulled away from the kiss and looked her in the eyes. My hand still holding onto hers. I look down at our hands and kiss hers. When I bring my eyes back up, Piper was pale, like extremely pale. Sickly pale. "Pipes... Pipes hey." I say to her. Her eyes were closed and the monitors were turned off and she wasn't breathing. "Hey... no no no no no. You were just fine! Come back to me. Please... please don't leave me." I begged her. I wrapped my arms around her body and shook her, trying to get her to wake up. "Somebody please help!" I screamed over and over and not a soul walked through the door to help.

          I jolted awake. I leaned forward in the chair and put my hands against my eyes. Feeling the sweat on my face from the nightmare. I look over at Pipers bed and saw that she was not in the bed. I jumped out of the bed and looked around the room. "Piper. Pipes." I said trying to see if she would respond. I walked out of the room and went to the nurse station. "Hey... Piper King. She isn't in her bed." I told the nurse. She looked up at me with dark brown eyes. "She woke up this morning. She told the doctor she wanted fresh air. She should be back soon. Just go wait in the room and she'll be back." The nurse tells me.

          I let out a breath I was holding. Relief washed through my body. I leaned over and put my hands on my knees and smiled. The nurse got out of her chair and walked around to me. Making sure that I was alright. I held my hand up to stop her. "I'm good. Just... relieved." I tell her. I think she understood, because she walked back to her chair and went back to work. I straightened my self back and walked to the room. Waiting for Piper to return.

          **PIPER'S POV**

          I was on the roof of the hospital with Dr. Maes. "You feeling okay? You wanna go back inside?" Dr. Maes asks me. I look over at her and shake my head. "No... need fresh air." I tell him. "Thank you for coming out here with me though." I tell him. He looks over at me and scoffs. "Didn't give me much of a choice. You either came out alone or with me." I smile at him and look over the city. "That fella in your room... if he wakes up and you aren't there... he's more than likely going to freak out." I chuckle at Dr. Maes. "I know... but, I need him to rest. Didn't want to wake him up." I say to him. I see him nod his head in the corner of my eye.

           I was feeling horrible. My ribs hurt, my head, hell... everything hurt. But I wasn't going to tell my doctor that. Or Norman. I was just in a car accident. Of course I'm going to be in pain. I look over at Dr. Maes and sigh. "I better get back in." I say. He looks over at me and nods his head. He hangs his arm out, so I take it, so that I can stay steady while walking back to my room. Dr. Maes helped me from the roof top to my room.

           When I got back to my room, I saw Norman standing next to the window, looking outside. I cleared my throat and saw him turn around. I smiled at him. "Piper." Norman says to me. He basically runs to me and engulfs me in a hug. I want nothing more than to feel him hug me and for me to hug him back, but my ribs won't allow me to. I quickly remove myself from Norman's hug and look up at him. I let out a pained breath. "Oh... Pipes... I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking." Norman said to me with clear pain in his voice.

          I look up at him and smile. "Don't be. It's okay. Just gotta be careful for a bit." I tell him. I look back at Dr. Maes and smile. "Thank you." I say to him. He nods his head at me and grabs my clipboard at the end of my bed. I turn back towards Norman and nod my head towards my bed. Asking him silently to help me to the bed. Norman grabs my hand and leads me to the bed and covers me up. Thankfully, Dr. Maes gave me some hospital shorts, so my ass wasn't hanging out.