48. Sunshine Outline

**NORMAN'S POV**

          It's been almost a month since Piper walked out of my apartment after she trashed it. Everyday I've thought of her and our baby. All I want to do is grab my phone and call her and she how she is doing, but I know it would be a waste of time. Especially now with Violet in my life.

            As I walk into my kitchen, I grab a bottle of water. I take a sip and just as I close the door to the fridge, I see a photo peaking behind a old grocery list on the fridge. I pull the photo out and I smile. It's a photo of Mingus, Piper and I back in 2007. We had went to Denmark with Helena for Christmas and to celebrate Helena's birthday. 

          It was the first time Piper had ever been to Denmark. I'll never forget her face. She was in love. In love with how different it was from New York and how peaceful and beautiful it was.

           I walk over to my kitchen counter and lean on it while still staring at the photo. I hear feet hitting my floor. I don't bother looking up, because I knew it was Violet. "What do you have there?" Violet asks me as she walks to me and wraps her body around me. 

          I look at her and see her looking at the photo. "It's a beautiful photo. You know what we should do?" Violet says to me. I put the photo down and look at her. She smiles at me and sits down on the chair next to me.

          "We should go through all your stuff. Find photos, videos anything with Piper and we should give it to her. If not for you to move on, or for Piper... for you baby." Violet says to me. I look down at the photo and a part, a big part of me, doesn't want to do that. But, I know that baby probably wants photos of Piper one day.

          "Let's make a day of it, and then tomorrow, you and I will drive to her place and we'll stop at that little bakery shop right across from her. Pick up something sweet to munch on." Violet says. I let out a chuckle, but then confusion takes over.

          "How do you know where she lives?" I ask Violet. Violet looks me in the eyes and I see sudden fear. Like she had just been caught in a lie.

            Violet stands up and chuckles. "You told me silly. Remember it was right after she and I met?" Violet says to me. I squint my eyes at her. "No... I didn't. There would be no reason for me to ever tell you." I say to her. Violet backs away and chuckles. "I think someone is a little tired." Violet says to me. 

          I took a deep breath and looked back down on the photo. "Let's make a day of it, but... I'll take it over. I don't think her seeing you is good for her or the baby." I say to Violet. Not wanting her to think I'm still suspicious. 

           Once Violet was about to be comfortable around me, we did as she said we should do. I had three boxes full of stuff. Some were clothes, some were little artifacts that she had given me throughout the years. But, most were photos and tapes and CD's that I had copied throughout the years.

            I hadn't even realized I was sobbing until Violet gently grabbed my shoulder. I jumped a little when she did.

          "I know this is hard, baby. But, this is good. You're doing better for your life. Getting rid of junk that means nothing to you." Violet says to me. I look up at her and stand up. Never once loosing eye contact. "Does it really look like this is just junk to me? Huh?" I ask Violet with anger in my voice. 

          Violet shakes her head, but I give her no time. "Maybe you should leave. I'll finish this up." I say. Violet quickly shakes her head again. "I'm sorry. Please, let me make this right." Violet pleads with me, but I point to the door. "Please, Violet. Before I say or do something I may regret." I say to her.