43. Letting It All Out

**Norman's POV**

          It's been months since I last saw Piper. Since I broke her heart into a million pieces. I have no doubt that my baby's heart broke into a million pieces as well.

          "Still thinking about her?" I hear Mingus ask me. I look over at him and sigh. "Yeah, and the baby. Wondering if they are okay." I say to Mingus.

          "Well, maybe you shouldn't have been a fucking dick and pushed them both out of your life." Mingus says to me. I quickly snap my head towards Mingus who's sitting on my couch. "Hey! Watch your mouth." I snap at Mingus. Mingus looks away from me and shakes his head.

          I know he isn't wrong. What I did was a dick move.

         I hear Mingus sigh and then stand up from the couch. "Why the fuck am I getting punished?" Mingus asks me. I look at him and squint my eyes about to argue with him about his language. "You did this. You. You pushed her out of my life. You pushed my little brother or sister out of my life. I lost not just one, but two people. I lost someone I considered a second mother and I lost my younger sibling. All because you'd rather fuck a few bitches who mean nothing to you than man up and be who you're supposed to be." Mingus shouts at me.

          I feel my throat getting tight. Wanting to argue with him, but knowing deep down that he is right.

         "I'm just waiting on grandma. Once I see her, I'll leave. Or are you gonna push her out of my life too?" Mingus asks me. I turn around and swing my arm and hit the table. Knocking everything on it over and a few things breaking. I walk to the kitchen and grab myself a beer.

          I take a long swig and slam the bottle down on the counter.

          Remembering how hard Mingus took it when I told him what I had said to Piper. I could have lied. I could have said she was a bitch and threw me out of her life, but I knew that was wrong. I knew that Piper deserved better than that.

          I hear a knock on my door and sigh knowing it's my mother. I take another swig of my beer. I put the beer on my counter and walked to the door. I opened the door and I smile at my mother who gives me a small smile. "Hey, baby." Mom says to me as she leans up and plants a kiss on my cheek. I smile at her and open my door more.

          "Mingus is waiting for you in the living room." I say to my mother as she walks past me and into the apartment.

           I close the door and slowly walk into the living room. A frown appears on my face as I see how happy and excited my son is to see his grandmother. When I broke things off with Piper, I lost her and the baby and my son and some of my mother.

           "I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I gotta go, grandma. I meeting up with my girl." Mingus tells Mom. They both exchange hugs and a few sweet words before Mingus walks out of the apartment. But, not before giving me the stink eye.

          "You two still haven't come around have you?" My Mom asks me. I look at her and shake my head.

          "Can't say I blame him." I say as I sit down on the couch. My mother sitting next to me.

          "You wanna talk about it? I am your mother. Mother's know how to talk to their children. Or at least most do." My mother says to me. I look into her eyes and I feel my walls slowly crumbling.

          "I'm a horrible person." I say to her. My mothers face changes into sadness. "Baby... no you're not. You did a stupid thing. But, I know you aren't a bad person." My mom states to me. I let out a sob and she puts her hands on mine and lightly squeezes them.