33. Few Blocks

It's been about a week and a half since we got back to New York from Costa Rica.

          I looked up at the clock and huffed. "Where are you?" I say to myself. Norman has been going down to the studio here in New York for the past few days to finish up on a game he is doing. He told me he would be home around 3 and it's now 4. I grabbed my phone and tapped on my messages. I was about to start typing when the door flew open. I jumped from the couch and saw Norman standing at the door with two big bags.

          I walked over to Norman and grabbed one of the bags. The smell of Chinese food filling my nostrils. I hear Norman shut the door behind me. I put the bag on the counter and Norman puts his beside mine. I look over at him and chuckle. "You could have called or something." I say to him. Norman smiles at me and chuckles. "The kitchen was low on staff. It took them a few good minutes to get everything ready. And... since I had to wait almost an hour, they gave me some extra fortune cookies." Norman says to me. I smile at him and shake my head.

          We both get our food out and start eating. "How was the studio today?" I ask him. I watch as Norman swallows the food so he can talk. "It was great. Another week and we should be done." Norman says to me. I raise my eyebrows. "Really?" I ask him. Norman smiles over at me as he shoves rice into his mouth. "But... I do got to start 'Ride' soon." Norman says to me. I look down at my food and sigh. Norman grabs my hand and I look up at him. "I'm proud of you. I really really am. You'll really never know how proud I am of you. And I love seeing you do what you love. It's just... I feel like the world gets you more than I do sometimes." I say to Norman.

          I see Norman's mouth slightly open about to speak but I speak first. "I know that isn't true. I want you to finish up your game and then I want you to go and record your episodes of 'Ride' and then I want you to come home. Okay?" I say to Norman. Norman gives me a small smile before nodding his head. I lean up and give him a gentle kiss on the lips. It was quick, but nice. As I pull away from the kiss, I look up into Norman's bright blue eyes and smile. "I love you, Norman Mark Reedus. Don't you ever forget that." I say to Norman.

          Norman smiles down at me and returns a similar kiss. "I love you, too, Piper Grace King. Never forget it." Norman says to me. I smile up at him before we both go back to eating our food.

          The rest of the night was spent on our couch. Catching up on some shows and joking around with one another.

          The next morning I woke up and saw that Norman was gone again. I look over and see he left a little note on the table. I stretch across the bed and grab the letter.

           "Pipes, I'll be home round 3 today and if I'm gonna be late I'll shoot ya a text love u." I smiled down at Norman's letter before putting it back on the table. I grabbed my phone from the charger and go through Instagram. I see that a few fans sent me a request but I quickly decline them.

          After I was done going through Instagram, I took a shower. It was cold here in New York so a nice hot shower was like heaven.

          After the shower, I put on a pair of jeans and a long sleeved button up shirt and then my black jacket that saves me from the brutal cold air. I gave my hair a few loose curls and brushed them out to make them better. I grabbed my phone and bag before heading out the door. I needed to do a little shopping.

          I walked outside and decided to just walk to the store. It wasn't that far. Just a few blocks.

          Once I finally reach the store, I enter and I let out a sigh of relief when the warm air hits my face. I grab a little basket to put all my stuff in. I smile at a few people and just carry on with my business. I grab some shampoo and conditioner, some shaving cream, some toothpaste and a box of tampons. I grab a few things that Norman needs and throw them into my basket.