38. Can't Is All

The morning after Connor and I explored this relationship, we both agreed that we maybe should have went a little slower into this.

          "Not saying I regret it... but... I just want to go kinda slow. Not slow like a turtle... just slow." I say to Connor. I see Connor smiling at me from the other side of the couch. "I should apologize. I kissed you." Connor says to me. I shake my head at him. "No... last night... it's on both of us. I could have stopped it. But, I didn't." I say to Connor.

          I scoot over to Connor and wrap my arms around his torso. "But... last night was amazing." I say into Connor's chest. I hear Connor chuckle. "You aren't lying." Connor says. I look up at him and smile. "Wanna go and get something to eat? I'll pay." I say to Connor. Connor smiles down at me. I push of him and look into his eyes. "You wanna kiss me?" I ask him. Connor slowly nods his head. I smile at him and lean down to give him a kiss on his cheek.

          I pull back and look into those beautiful eyes. "Let's go gets some food." I say to him.

           We both get ready and head out. I decide to wear a knee-length green dress. The weather in New York was still chilly, but it wasn't too bad.

           As Connor and I were walking down the street, I felt him pinch my ass. I let out a yelp and turn around to look at him. My mouth slightly open. He puts his hands up. "Hey... I pinched your ass before we ever dated back in school." Connor says to me. I let out a chuckle and shake my head at him. "You're horrible, Connor. Down-right horrible." I say to him through my smile.

           We both stop in front of a pizza place and order some pizza. I open my wallet and go to grab my card when I felt a hand stop me. I look up and give Connor a confused look. "I know you said you'd pay... but I wanna pay. Alright?" Connor asks me. I look give him a small smile and nod my head. I wasn't gonna stop him. Saving me money.

           Connor turned around and handed me my plate which had a pizza with extra cheese. I blew on it and tried to cool it down before bringing it to my mouth and taking a bite out of it. Some of the cheese ending up on my chin due to the cheese still being hot. I grab the cheese off my chin and toss it into my mouth. I hear Connor chuckle at me from my side. I look over at him and scoff.

            "You wanna laugh? Remember that time when you were over at my house and were eating cereal in my room at like three in the morning? You spilled cereal all over yourself and you didn't want to waste the cereal so you picked it off your clothes. With milk still all over you." I say to Connor through my laugh.

           Connor almost drops his pizza from his laughing at the memory. I look over at him and I just smile at how beautiful he is. But all the sudden an image of Norman pops into my brain. It was the image of him smiling when I told him a story that happened when he and I first met.

           For a second, I forgot that I was with Connor. I shook my head at little and tried to get Norman out of my head.

           Connor and I ended up by the park. We grabbed a table in the park and sat down and finished our pizza. I looked out towards all the kids who were playing and not caring about anything else in the world. I hear Connor clear his throat. I look at him and see him with a smile on his face. "What?" I ask him.

           Connor shakes his head. "Still want kids?" Connor asks me. I quickly lose my smile and look back out toward the kids playing.

           "I thought... I thought Norman and I would do that. I thought that finally I would spend the rest of my life with my best friend and expand the family. Have a child or two. I guess that just proves how stupid I can be sometimes." I say to Connor.