19. Take Good Risks

**NORMAN'S POV**

          It had been a few hours since I last talked to Piper. I was hoping she would call me after she found her sister.

         "Still worrying about Piper?" I turn to my left to see Greg standing there at the entrance of my trailer. I sighed and nodded my head. "I was hoping she would call me back." I say to Greg. He walks into my trailer and leans against my counter. "Have you called her?" Greg asked me. I look over at him and shake my head. "Why not?" I shook my head. "Don't want to bother her while she sleeps." I say to Greg.

          It was the truth. One thing I've learned from women. Don't bother them when they are sleeping. Just don't. "Well man... maybe give her a call. It's better to wake her up and have a clear head than to sit here and freak out." Greg says to me. "I'm not freaking out." I say to Greg. Letting the lie roll right off my tongue. He cocked his head and me and crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed. "All right... I'll give her a call." I say to him. He nods his head and exits my trailer.

          I took a deep breath and dialed her number. I put the phone to my ear and heard it ringing. It rang and rang and rang and rang. No answer. That when it got to leaving a voicemail. "Hey Pipes. Listen, if you're asleep, I'm sorry. It's just I was hoping you would call me after you searched for your sister. Well, I love you. See you when I get home." I hang up the phone and throw it on the sofa. I close my eyes and lean back.

          I jump when someone knocks on my trailer door. "Come on Norman. We're about to start shooting." I sigh and walk out of my trailer. Not realizing I just left my phone on my sofa.

          Once I was out of the van, I gathered around with the rest of the cast and we talked about the scene. "You seem worried Norman. You okay?" Danai asked me. I looked at her and nodded my head. "Yeah. Just tired is all. Wanna get home." I said to her. She gave me that smile of hers. "You mean you wanna get home to Piper?" Danai asked me. I smiled from ear to ear and nodded my head. "Yeah... yeah I do." I say to her. She nods her head for me to follow her. I walk away from the rest of the cast and go sit down with Danai on the hood of one of the cars.

          I reached into my pocket and grabbed my pack of cigarettes. I put the cigarette to my lips and lit it up. When I put my pack back in my pocket, that's when I noticed my phone wasn't in my pocket. "Damn... I left my phone in my trailer." I say. Danai looks over at me and chuckles. "So... tell me about Piper." Danai says to me. I look over at her and squint. "What do you mean? You've met her before." I say to her. She rolls her eyes at me and chuckles. "I mean... tell me about her and you. What's goin' on there?" She asks me. I look away from her and look down at the ground.

          I remove the cigarette from my lips and hold it in between my fingers. "I don't know. I mean... she's amazing, you know? It's just... me. I don't wanna ruin our friendship." I say to Danai. I see her nodding her dead. She turns her body towards me. "You want my advice?" Danai asks me. I look over at her and nudge my shoulder. "Take risks. Good risks. Do you think if you and Piper were to be together, romantically, it would be a good sight or a bad sight?" Danai asks me. I take another drag off my cigarette and smile at her. "Every time I think of her and I, in a relationship... it's always a good sight." I tell Danai.

          She smiles at me and grabs my shoulder. "Than take the risk. That's my advice." Danai tells me. I nod my head at her and smile. "She's an amazing woman. She has an amazing, big heart. She's smart as hell and she's absolutely gorgeous." I say to Danai. Her smile is on her face. "I think what I love most about her is the relationship with my son that she has. She loves him like he is hers. She respects him and loves him. I mean... what father wouldn't want that?" I ask Danai. She looks at me and sighs. "Seems like you got an amazing woman on your hands." Danai says to me. I nod my head at her and smile. "Yeah... I do."