30. New Years Eve

Norman and I arrived in Costa Rica this morning. We'll be staying here for a few days before we meet up with Mingus and Helena here.

          "Does Mingus or Helena know what day they'll get here?" I ask Norman. Norman looks back at me with a smile. "The day before my birthday. I know a few other friends and family are flying down in the next few days. So this is probably our only day alone. What you wanna do?" Norman asks me. I smile at him and look at the beach.

          "The beach isn't going anywhere. Let's go explore some different areas." I say to Norman. "But first... let me change into something different. Been in these clothes for too long." I say to Norman. He chuckles at me while I grab my suitcase and grab some shorts and a sleeveless shirt before changing into them. I put my hair into a ponytail and look in the mirror. "Sometimes I wonder why they hell you fell for me." I turn around and see Norman looking at me with a smile. "I never have to wonder." I say to him.

          I walk up to Norman and grab his face with my hands. "I never have to fucking wonder why I fell in love with you." I say quietly before smashing my lips to his. Our lips move in sync with one another until I pull away. "Now lets go explore." I say bouncing to the door in Norman's house here in Costa Rica.

            I grabbed Normans hand as we walked in a small city here in Costa Rica. A bunch of cute little shops. The breeze blowing through my hair, the smell of nature and cooking food filling my nostrils, my sandals collecting dirt and sand from the ground.

          After Norman and I visited and bought a few things from the shops, I started getting hungry. "Wanna grab a bite to eat?" I ask Norman. Norman puts his hand on his stomach and looks at me. "Thought you would never ask." I chuckle at Norman and grab his arm. "Babe... if you were hungry you should have told me. I would have went sooner." I say. Norman looks down at me and smiles. "My girl was enjoying her shopping. I didn't want to interrupt that." Norman says to me. He kisses my forehead before we walk to a BBQ place. 

          "Oh, my God! The smell." I say with a smile on my face. Norman chuckles at me. "Go pick us out a table. I'll get the food." Norman says. I nod my head at him.

          I grab us a table. I sit down and get on my phone. I'm just scrolling through my phone when I hear someone say my name. I look up and my eyes go wide. "Connor? Is that really you?" I ask the man who looks similar to the man I dated in Junior high. I stand up out of my chair and hug him.

          I pull away from the hug and look up at him. "It's been forever since I last saw you." I say to Connor. He smiles at me. "It does feel like it's been forever hasn't it?" I smile at him and look him up and down. "You look good." I say to him. His eyebrows raise and he lets out a snort. "Me? Have you seen you? You look amazing. Then again you always did." Connor says to me. I smile at him, feeling my cheeks getting red.

          "So what are you doing here? How is life?" I ask Connor. He chuckles at me. "I'm actually down here for my sister's birthday." Connor says to me. My mouth goes wide remembering that today is her birthday. "Tell her I said happy birthday." I say to Connor. He nods his head at me. "I will and for how life is going... it's fine. Got a job in a firm." Connor says. I smile at him. "That's good. No one special though?" I ask him. He gives me a small smile. "No. Not yet anyway." Connor says to me. I nod my head at him and see that Norman was still at the register.

           "What about you?" I hear Connor ask me. I turn my head back towards him and smile. "I uh... I own a animal shelter. I've had it for a few years now." I say to Connor. He chuckles at me. "You always wanted to open a shelter." Connor says with a smile. I smile up at him and chuckle. "And I thankfully do have someone special in my life. He's uh... over there." I say to Connor, pointing towards Norman.