26. Going Back Home

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing I see is Norman looking at me. I smile at him and he leans down and kisses me on the lips. I pull away and put my hand on his face. "I have morning breath, Norman." I say to him with a chuckle. Norman removes my hand and leans down to kiss me once again. I chuckle in the kiss and Norman pulls away. "Last night was kind of amazing." I say to Norman with a smile on my face. Norman nods his head at me. "Yes it was." is all he says before wrapping his arms around my body and start tickling me.

          I tried to pull his hands away, but with him tickling me and my nonstop laughter, I couldn't win this. Norman straddled me and pinned my hands above my head. I looked up at him and tried to calm my breathing down. "Pay back is a bitch." I say to Norman. He chuckles above me and shakes his head. "I won't give you that chance." I laugh at Norman and nod my head. "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but I will get you back." I say to Norman, quoting Andy's line from 'The Walking Dead'. Norman busts out laughing.

          Norman looks down at me and smiles. "God, I love you." I smile big at those words. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it. "I love you too." I say back to him. Norman leans down and gives me another kiss before hopping off me. "I'm gonna go back some breakfast." Norman says to me before leaving the bedroom. I sit up on the bed and replay last night in my head. I smile at the memory and jump off the bed and go to the bathroom. After I use the bathroom, I change into a pretty mid-thigh length orange dress.

          As I was walking downstairs, I saw Eye laying down on the bottom stair. "Hey, buddy." I say, bending down and petting him. He looks up at me with those big green eyes and softly meows at me. I continue to pet him for a few more seconds before going into the kitchen, where I can spell bacon cooking. I walked into the kitchen and saw Norman making pancake batter. "Need any help with anything?" I ask him. Norman turns around and looks me up and down. Once he is down looking me up and down, he looks me in my eyes and smirks. "Yeah. You wanna crack open the eggs for me?" Norman asks me with that damn smirk. I smile at him and nod my head.

          After Norman and I finish cooking breakfast, we both sit down on the little table in the kitchen and start to eat. While in the middle of eating, I hear Norman's phone coming off. He pulls it out of his pocket and smiles. "It's Ming." Norman says with a smile. My eyes light up and a smile pops up on my face. Norman scoots his chair next to mine and makes sure that he and I are in the camera view so that Mingus can see us both. Norman answers the call and Mingus pops up. "Hey!" Norman and I both says at the same time. Mingus chuckles at us. "Hey, you coming back tonight?" Mingus asks us. I nod my head at him. "Yeah. We're having dinner with Jeffrey and Andy tonight, but we'll be on our way back tonight. Why you ask?" I ask Mingus with curiosity.

          Mingus just smiles at us. "Mom and I are taking a trip down to Denmark. We'll be there until the beginning of January. We're leaving the day after tomorrow." Mingus says to us. I nodded my head at Mingus. "Well, bud she and I will be home late tonight. Maybe we three and go out and have some dinner before you leave or something." Norman says to Mingus. Mingus smiles at us through the camera and nods his head. "Sounds like a plan. Love you both. I'll see you two tomorrow." Mingus says to us before hanging up the phone. "Why do kids now hang up the phone before people can say "I love you" back?" I ask Norman. Norman looks at me and chuckles. "I have no idea why, but I think he knows we love him." Norman says to me before putting his phone on the table and scooting back to where he was before Mingus called.

           I look over at Norman and some things start to go through my head. What if Mingus doesn't want us together? People always think certain people would be good together, but then they realize they don't. Mingus has told me multiple times that he wishes his dad and I were together, but maybe now he doesn't feel that way. "Hey, Norman." I say as I look over at Norman. Norman looks at me. "What if... what if Mingus doesn't want us together?" I ask him. Norman looks at me and sighs. He looks away from me and down at the table. "I love Mingus like he is my own. Hell I've watched the boy grow up. The last thing I want to do is make him upset or angry." I say to Norman.