47. Hannah

"Oh, what the fuck?" I say as I throw my arms up in the air. My sister and mother both look at me in shock. 

           "You're pregnant? You're pregnant and you didn't even bother telling me? Your own mother." My mom says as she stands up and I see the hurt and disappointment on her face. 

          I take a deep breath and motion for them to follow me into the elevator. Once we all three get in, I push my level number and turn around. "I'll explain everything once we're in my apartment. Last thing I want is someone over hearing us." I say. My sister looks me in the eyes and then to our mom. I squint my eyes at them in confusion. Something was being said behind those eyes. 

            When we get into my apartment, I throw my purse on the couch and slowly sit down. My sister and mother sitting opposite of me.

           I tell them everything. From finding out about Norman, to Norman not wanting me, my pregnancy, me and Connor. By the end of it, my mom was in tears and my sister just looked lost. 

          "Any questions?" I ask them. My sister stands up and holds her arms out. "No questions, but I do want to give my pregnant sister a hug." I give her a small smile before standing up and giving her a hug.

            After a good minute, I pull away from them and give a fake smile. "Not saying I don't appreciate the visit, but what brought you two out to New York? And where is dad?" I ask them. Mom stands up and hands me a letter. 

           "I got this in the mail a few days ago. I've tried calling you, but you refuse to answer your phone." My mom says. I open the letter and see from the corner of my eye as my sister starts pacing. I open the letter fully and start reading it. 

         "You screwed over the wrong people. We are coming for you and you and your family are going to pay. You Kings are going to become peasants."

            I put the letter down and look at my mom in confusion. "What the hell is this? Who wrote this? What happened?" I ask. My mom throws her hands up. "Ask your sister." I look over at my sister and shake my head.

           "The fuck did you do?" I ask her. Hannah starts panicking. "Someone offered me a lot of money. What the hell was I supposed to do?" Hannah asks me. I walk up to her and throw the letter at her face. "What the fuck did you do?!" I shout at her. Hannah frowns at me and starts crying. 

            "I was supposed to deliver one time. Just one time." Hannah reveals to me. My eyes go wide and I start panicking. "A cartel. A fucking cartel? Are you serious?!" I shout at Hannah. 

            Hannah starts sobbing uncomfortably. "They wanted me to do another drop. I said no, but they wouldn't take that answer. So I agreed, but I threw the packages into the lake. I didn't think they'd figure it out. I lied to them and I told them I delivered the shipment, but they must have found out that I didn't. I didn't think they'd find out it was me. I'm sorry, Piper. Please, I'm so sorry." Hannah sobs.

           "How stupid are you? What you think that they'd believe you over whoever it was that you were supposed to drop it off to. God, you are fucking stupid, Hannah. Fuck!" I shout. 

          How can my sister, my own blood be so goddamn stupid? How are we even from the same uterus? 

I look at my mom and she shakes her head. "Can we please stay here? Just for a few days?" My mom asks me. I smile at her and nod my head.

            Well, those days turned to weeks. I was now only a few days away from giving birth. My mom and sister have been taking care of me. Mom finally told me where dad was. He told her that he wasn't going to abandon his home because of some assholes, so he stayed behind. I finally told him about my baby and he cried, I cried and we talked on the phone for hours.