32. Birthday Man

Today is January 6th. It's Norman's birthday. Norman was still asleep when I rolled over and saw his peaceful face. I grabbed my phone and took a photo. I decided to post it to Instagram.

          "Happy birthday, my love. 50 looks good on you." I caption the photo. I hit post and turn my phone off. Not wanting to be bothered by anything other than Norman today.

           I watch Norman sleep peacefully for a few more moments before I lightly touch his nose. Causing him to jerk. I smile at him as his eyes open. "Happy birthday. Feel like a 50 year old, yet?" I ask him. He smiles

          Norman reaches and puts his hand in my hair. "Thank you, Sunshine." Norman says in a sleepy voice. I lean forward and give him a long and passionate kiss. Norman continues to run his fingers through my hair.

           Norman pulls out of the kiss and smiles at me. "and to answer the last question, yes. I feel like a 50 year old." Norman says to me. I chuckle at him.

          "I would have woken you up with some birthday sex, but we've literally been having sex since New Years. I just thought maybe we should take a day off. Or at least until tonight." I say to Norman. Norman gives me a smile before nodding his head.

          "I'm probably gonna be too stuffed tonight from food that I don't think I'll be able to perform without puking." Norman says to me. I let out a chuckle that I'm sure the whole house could have heard. This house was huge, but I have no doubt they heard it.

          After Norman and I got out of bed, we took a shower together and got ready for the rest of the day. We are still in Costa Rica, so we still dressed for warm weather. I put on a blue thigh high dress and left my hair down. "How do I look?" I ask him. Norman turns around and gives me a devious smile. I put my hand up and smile at him. "I didn't say fuck me with your eyes." I say to Norman. Norman looks down into my eyes and chuckles.

          "Hate to break it to you, Sunshine. I've been eye fucking you every since I first met you." Norman says to me. I scoff at him and give him a little peck on the lips.

           "Let's go get that son of yours. I'm pretty sure he's gonna wanna spend as much time as possible with you." I say to Norman. Norman nods at me. I grab his hand and we both walk out of the room.

         The second we got into the living room, Mingus jumped up and ran to his dad and gave him a hug. "Happy birthday, old man." Mingus says to his dad. I smile at the scene in front of me.

          I look over at Helena who was giving me the stink eye. I give her a confused look and then look away from her. Lately Helena has been avoiding me. I have no idea why. She won't talk to me and when she does it's just simple answers or she'll just make a sound. I haven't told Norman about it, mainly because I didn't want things to be awkward before his birthday and I'm definitely not gonna tell him this on his birthday. So, I just push it aside and try to forget about it.

            "I need all the Reedus', The Christensen and the king out of here today. Just until we get the house ready for the party." Robert, one of Norman's friends says to us all. We all chuckle at him.

           "So... what does the birthday man want to do on this birthday?" I ask Norman. Norman looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. I lose the smile on my face and give him no emotion. Norman chuckles at me and shrugs his shoulders.

          "I feel like we've done enough on this trip. Maybe we can go get something to eat? Maybe go get some fireworks." Norman says. Making some suggestions. I look at Mingus who shrugs his shoulders.