27. Christmas Invitation

It has been almost a month since Norman and I got back to New York. Mingus was with his mom in Denmark, Norman was busy doing press for the show and I was busy with the shelter. I know how tired Norman usually is after doing press so for the last few weeks I've barely saw him. Last night I asked if he wanted me to come over, but he needed some rest and he said he can't wait for the press tour to be over so that he could just be with me again.

Norman has been to Tokyo, London, LA and now New York. This should be his last destination for press. He got back three nights ago, but he said he was too tired and just needed some rest.

         I turned and looked at my clock that read 7:00 AM. I grabbed my phone and sent Norman a message.

          "Hey, Norm. I should be leaving the center around 5 or 6 today. I'll stop by your place if you would like. I know that we've both been busy, so if you aren't busy, just shoot me a text before I get off. Love you."

           I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Once I got outside, I saw my cab waiting on me. I got inside, told my driver the address and he drove me to my destination.

           I got out of the cab and walked into building A. Building A is what we call the paper palace. It's where all the paper work is done and where all employees have to sigh in for work. I walked in and saw Lucy. Lucy had been on a long vacation and wasn't here when I got back from Georgia so to see her made me happy.  "Lucy!" I shriek. Lucy looks back at me and smiles. "Piper." Lucy says running to me. She embraces me with a hug. "Oh it's been so long since I've seen you. How are you?" Lucy asks me. I pull away from her and I have a big smile on my face. "Norman and I are together." I tell Lucy. Lucy's eyes go wide and I could have sworn her smile got even wider. "Are you joking with me? You best not be joking with me P." I smile at Lucy. Lucy starts jumping up and down.

            I watch her for a few seconds, but then grab her arms and stop her because I really don't want all my people to know just yet. "Calm down. It's just between you for the moment." I say to Lucy. Lucy looks at me and smiles. "Am I the only one that knows?" she asks me. I shake my head at her question. "No. Mingus, Andy, Jeff, Helena are the only ones that know. Even my mom and dad don't know. Or Norman's mom." I say. Norman and I want to tell our families, but we are waiting for the right time. With my sister and her stunt and me beating the shit out of her, I doubt my parents are my biggest fans, so I'm not sure if I even want to tell them. I haven't even spoke to them since it happened.

            Lucy looked me in the eyes and smiled. "I'll keep my mouth shut about it." Lucy said to me. I smiled at her and put on my hand on her arm. "Thank you." I say while walking away. I went over to the files and started going through them. "How was the vacation?" I ask her. Lucy comes over to me and sits down in the chair next to me. "I met someone." Lucy says to me. I look over at her and smile. "Oh, yeah? Who?" I ask her. I turn my chair and lean forward. Lucy looks at me and sighs. "His name is Cole. He and I were at the same resort and we both live here in New York." Lucy says to me. I smile at her. Glad she has finally found someone. "You two going on any dates?" I ask her. She looks at me and chuckles. "He's taking me out tomorrow night." I nod my head at Lucy.

           I get up from my chair and look down at her. "I'm happy for you. I hope I get to meet this man soon." I say to Lucy. She smiles up at me and nods her head. I reach over the table and grab a few files. Everyday before we open up, someone has to put new files in each building. The files contain stuff about the animals and information about people who are interested in a certain animal, etc... I was about to walk out the door, but I turned around and looked at Lucy. "I hope you and Cole work out. You deserve some love." I say to her before walking out of the door.