31. Girlfriend Talk

"3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" The crowd roared out. Norman and I smashed our lips together. We moved in sync with one another. I could taste the beer on Norman.

          I pull away and look into Norman's eyes. "Happy New Year." I say to Norman. Norman smiles at me and gives me a quick kiss. "Let's say goodnight to our friends. Let's head back to the house." Norman says to me in a seductive tone. I give him a smirk before nodding my head.

          Norman and I say goodbye to everyone before we started heading back to the house. All of our friends are staying with us in Norman's home, but I have a feeling they won't be back for a while.

          The rest of the night was spent up in the bedroom. Just me and Norman. No disturbances.

          I open my eyes and the Costa Rica sun was coming through the curtains. I rubbed my eyes and rubbed my tongue across my lips. Immediately tasting the beer that was transmitted to me by Norman's lips. I wipe my lips with the back of my hand. I turn my body to face Norman. I narrow my eyes when I don't see him next to me. I look around and the room and see that he was not in the room either. "Norman?" I holler out. I wait a few seconds for a answer, but I don't get one.

          I get out of the bed and put on clothes. I start walking towards the bathroom until I see a piece of paper on the table with my name written on it. I open the note up and immediately can tell it's Norman's handwriting.

          "Hey babe. Mingus n Helena called this morning. They needed a lift from the airport. I'll see you when you get back.

                                                                                          -Norm

            I smile down at the note. Mingus was getting here soon. I decided to look a little decent when Mingus gets here. I put on a plaid button dress and brushed my hair and brushed my teeth. I put my sandals on and decided to head downstairs.

           As I made my way downstairs, I could hear the rest of the guests were up. I went into the kitchen and saw all most of the people that are sleeping in the house. "Hey, Piper. Want some bacon and eggs?" I hear someone say to me. I look into the crowd of people sitting down at the table. I nod my head. "Yes." I say. I make myself a plate and scarf down every bite of it.

          I was washing the my dish when I hear the front door open and close. I put the dishes in the strainer and peek my head around the corner. My eyes go wide when I see Mingus throwing his bag on the couch. "Ming!" I shriek out. Mingus turns my way and smiles at me. We both bring each other into a hug. "Oh, I missed the hell out of you." I say. Mingus squeezes me a little tighter. We both pull away. "We gonna go to the beach or not?" Mingus asks me. I smile at him and nod my head. "Yeah, just let me get dressed. But don't forget... I don't go far into the ocean." I say. I hear Mingus chuckle.

          I look over at Helena and smile. "How was your time with your parents?" I ask her. She smiles really wide. "I did. It was nice to see them." Helena says to me. I nod my head and smile. "You comin' to the beach with us?" I ask Helena. She immediately nods her head. I look over at Norman who was looking at me. He nodded his head.

           After I got on my swim suit, we all headed down to the beach. A few of Norman's friends also joined us. I and a few others watched as Norman surfed and watched as Mingus, Helena and a few others were enjoying the water. I took a few photos and videos and just sat out in the sand, enjoying the day.