21. Universe Likes No One

My parents and Norman are finally taking me home today. After four days in the hospital, I'm on my way home. My wrist, leg and rip are still broken and my incision on my stomach is healing nicely. The doctors have me on some nice pain medications, but I can still feel a little pain all over.

"Alright, Pipes... you ready to go?" My dad asks me. I look over at him and smile.

"You have no idea, dad." I say. Norman brings the wheelchair over and helps me into the chair. Once I settled into the chair, Norman rolled me out of the room and to the front desk. Once I sighed out, we were good to go. 

Once we got outside, my dad helped me get up from the wheelchair and put me in Norman's car. Once I was in, he shut the door and I closed my eyes and let out a breath. The past few days have been uneasy. Not just from the accident and me trying to heal. My mom and dad had to put in a missing person report for Hannah. I've been trying to talk to Norman about Hannah to see if he's heard anything, but every time I try, he gets upset and doesn't want to talk about her.

I heard the driver side door open and saw Norman sit down in the driver seat. He shut the door and looked over at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Today's a good day. You're out of the hospital, your mom and dad are in town and I'm gonna buy you some amazing ice cream later. That's a promise." Norman says to me. I chuckle at him and nod my head.

"Seems like it is a good day then." I say to him. Norman put on his seat belt and I remember I don't have mine on. I go to reach around and grab it, but Norman grabs my hand and stops me. I look over at him with a confused look on my face. Then I realize with my broken wrist and broken rib, it's probably best not to strain either one of them. Norman reaches around and grabs my seat belt and locks it in place.

Norman grabs my non-broken hand and kisses it. "Let's get you home." I nod my head at him in agreement and Norman starts up the car. My mom and dad are meeting us at Norman's. As Norman was driving us home, I looked out the car window and just smiled. Everything was so beautiful. The sun was making everything look healthy and shiny, the green from the grass and trees made everything seem fine. Nature is and will always be beautiful.

Norman and I pulled into the driveway of the house, with our parents parking right next to us.

"Don't you dare touch that door." I hear Norman say. I look over at him and smile. I watch as Norman gets out of the car and rushes over to my side. He opens my door and slowly helps me out of the car. My dad pulled the crutches out of the car and I was going to use them, but with my broken rib, it really hurts using them.

"I can't dad. The strain it puts on my rib. I don't want to damage the rib anymore than it is." I say to my dad. He nods his head at me. Norman looks at me and smiles.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask him. He leans down and gently picks me up. I yelp at him and laugh. "Norman... put me down." I say through my laughs. I could hear my family laughing at me. Norman handed my dad the keys to the house and we all walked up to the door. When my dad unlocked the door, Eye immediately started meowing. I feel bad for Eye. Greg has been coming over the last few days to make sure he had food and water, but he hasn't had anybody with him. 

Norman gently puts me on the couch and Eye jumps up and starts purring. "Oh, I missed you so much. You know that?" I continue to show all my love and affection to Eye while Norman and my parents bring everything in the house.

I looked over and saw my mom. She smiled at me and made her way over to me. She sat next to me on the couch and let out a sigh. "Long day I ask her?"