6. New York Special

It had been over a week since I returned to New York and last talked to Norman. He has called and texted me over a dozen times each, but I'm still so pissed at him. I'm not his girlfriend, but that doesn't mean what he did still doesn't hurt me. I was there for him and he got bored of me. I've never liked being used and that is exactly what I am feeling at the moment.

I decide to actually go to work today instead of staying home and working from my computer. I took a quick shower and was on my way. Once I got in the main building, I saw Lucy standing with a few people. I went straight to my office and sat down. I put everything down and opened my computer and went through a few emails.

As I was replying to a email, my door opened. I lifted my head up to see Lucy. "Hey Lucy. What's up?" I asked her. She opened the door further and walked in. She shut the door and sat down in the chair in front of my desk. "What's wrong?" She asked me. I put on a fake smile and shook my head. "Nothing. I'm a little tired, but other than that, I'm good." I said to her. I was lying to her, but I just didn't feel like sharing the details of my trip to Georgia.

She squinted her eyes at me and just stared. I started getting uncomfortable. "Please stop looking at me like that, please." I begged her. "You know I don't talk about my personal life that much. Especially when it comes to Norman." I told her. It's true. I hate talking about my personal life to other people. Especially if Norman is involved. So much of his life is already out there and I don't feel okay with strangers knowing everything about someone. Lucy isn't a stranger, but I'm not gonna talk about Norman without Norman present or without his consent.

"Okay, but just know I'm here if you want to talk." Lucy said to me as she was getting up. She turned to exit the door, but stopped with her hand on the door knob. She turned back towards me and smiled. "I know you are private about things. Especially about, Norman... but if whatever is wrong with you has anything to do with Norman, you need to fix it. You two are best friends and best friends fix their shit." Lucy said to me with a huge smile. I looked down at my desk and heard her exit the office and shut the door.

I leaned back in my chair and sighed. I heard my phone ping from on my desk. I leaned back up and grabbed it. I turned it over to see it was a message from Norman.
"Hey, P... I know I've sent u over a dozen messages, but please respond to me so I know u r okay..." Another sigh left my lips. I haven't been active on Instagram or any of my other social media accounts, so I knew he was probably worried sick. I decide to reply.
"I'm alive. Don't worry." I replied to him.

I turned my phone back over and went through some more emails. It was around six in the afternoon and I was now heading home. I approved four new families to be able to adopt one or more of our pets. So, I left with a smile on my face. Because my job is in upstate New York, I usually have to get a taxi to take me back home. When the taxi pulled up, I got in and gave him the address. As I was sitting in the back, I opened my camera on my phone and took a selfie from inside the taxi.

I posted it to my private Instagram account with this caption.
"Today has been a good day."
I had roughly around Two thousands followers, so my phone started blowing up with notifications. I never approved fans or strangers to follow me. All my followers are either family, friends or professionals I've met. Some I've met through work and others I've met through Norman. I refreshed my feed and noticed Lucy had commented on my photo.
"How many people can say they came to work upset, and left happy?" I laughed at her comment. She's right. It is rare.

The taxi man finally pulled in front of my apartment complex and let me out. I gave him the money and went up to my penthouse. I stepped in the elevator and went up. Once I stepped out of the elevator and opened my door, I realized how tired I actually was. I shut my door and locked it and went to the kitchen to make myself a glass of water. As I was walking towards the kitchen, I looked to my left and noticed my bedroom light was on. "The hell?" I said to myself quietly.

I slowly walked to my room and opened my door. I was surprised to see Norman, a sleep on my bed. I opened the door the rest of the way and leaned against the door frame and smiled. I don't know how long I stood there just watching him, but then my mind was confused. Why is he here and not in Georgia filming? I started walking towards the bed and laid down next to him. I moved his hair out of his eyes and gently shook his shoulder.

He stirred and opened his eyes. I smiled at him. "Why are you in my house and in my bed and not in Georgia at work?" I asked him. He just looked at me and smiled. He reached over and grabbed my hand. "I'm not in the episode they are filming at the moment and I just thought I would come here and apologize to you. I got here around three and I was just so tired I fell a sleep." Norman said to me. "Can you forgive me?" He asked me. I was a little surprised to be honest.

I squeezed his hand and smiled. "Norman what you did... it hurt my feelings. I know I'm not your girlfriend, but it made me feel used and it made me feel like you got bored of me so you went out and fucked with a girl. It really made me feel ugly, if I'm being honest." I said to Norman with tears in my eyes. He leaned over and hugged me. "I'm so sorry I made you feel that way. Please know that was not my intention. I would never hurt you on purpose. You know that." Norman whispered into my ear.

I pulled away and looked at him. "Then why fuck her? I don't have a problem with you fucking other girls... You're not my man, but why do it while I was waiting for you at home?" I ask him. He looks at me and then down at where are hands are together. He sighed and look at me. "I don't have an excuse. Not even a little one. I wish I did... but I don't." He said to me with undeniable guilt in his voice. "But I regret it with every ounce of my being. When you walked out of my house that day... My heart shattered into a million pieces. I knew I had hurt you and made you feel like you were nothing." He said to me. I looked up at him and noticed tears going down his face.

"I would rather never fuck another woman than lose you. You mean more to me than I think you know." He said to me with a small smile. He looked up at me looked into my eyes. "Will you please forgive me? I know I don't deserve it, but... I would hate myself if I never asked." Norman stated to me. The look in his eyes and in his face and in his words were genuine. He meant everything he said and my heart was feeling warm. Knowing I meant so much to somebody. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "I forgive you, Norman. We're best friends. I don't ever want to lose you." I said to him. He smiled at me and leaned over and hugged me some more.

YAY! I was worried I wouldn't be able to publish this today, because my internet was screwing up. I'm glad I was able to complete this chapter. Please leave me your feedback on the story and this chapter. Don't forget to vote. Love you all xx