46. Wrong Decision To Make

**NORMAN'S POV**

           Not long after my phone conversation with Piper, I broke the story on being assaulted and blackmailed. It was nice to finally not have that hanging over my head. The woman who took the photos hasn't released the photos and hasn't contacted me. Which made me realize that she was probably bluffing the whole time.

            As I sit in my trailer, looking at comments about the what had happened, all I wanted was Piper. I wanted her next to me. I wanted her to hold my hand and smile at me and tell me how brave I was for going public about this. But, I know that isn't going to happen. And it's all my fault. I destroyed the relationship. I failed my child. There is no going back. There is no fixing what is done.

          I hear a knock on my trailer door. "Let's go, Norman!" I hear Greg holler out at me. I turn my phone off and head out the door and into the van to take me to set.

           As I jumped into the van, I noticed a pretty brunette in the seat next to mine. I smile at her as she smiles at me. "Nice to meet you. I'm Norman." I say to the pretty brunette. I put my hand out and she gently grabs it. "I'm Violet. Nice to meet you." I quickly realize she's the new girl. Her character would only be around for a few episodes.

          I let go of her hand and for some reason, Piper popped into my head. Her beautiful green eyes, her beautiful blonde hair. Her jaw dropping smile. This woman was the complete opposite. Dark hair. Light blue eyes.

          I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. "You excited about joining the show?" I ask her. She nods her head with excitement. "Hell yeah. Been a fan of this show for years." Violet says to me with excitement in her voice.

           I smile at her and chuckle. All the sudden I notice her smile fade away. "I'm proud of you." Violet says to me. I raise my eyebrows at her. "For coming forward. For revealing what had happened to you. Not many men would do that." Violet says to me. I start to feel nervous. This is the first time someone has really talked to me about this. Mingus, Helena and my mom are the only ones who have spoken to me about this since I came forward. Everyone else is too scared that I'll get angry or assumes I don't want to talk about it.

          "Thank you." I say to her. She smilies at me and gently puts her hand on mine. "I know I'm new and you barely know me, but I'm here if you need to talk or anything." Violet says to me. I smile at her and nod my head. "Thank you." I say.

          Violet gently removes her hand from mine. I look out the side window and I close my eyes. I want Piper. I want my child. I want Mingus. I want my family back together. Why do I screw everything up?

            When I open my eyes, the van was stopped and we were now on set.

          The day went by slowly. Thankfully, the days have gotten a little cooler.

          Once I was done with all my scenes for the day, I was driven back to my trailer and packed all my stuff up and decided to head home.

           The wind blowing through my hair, the sound of the engine and the vibration beneath me as this beast roams the road is one of the few times I get peace. But, at the same time, all I can think about is Piper and my kids.

           With my daydreaming and not paying attention, I didn't notice that a deer had jumped onto the road. I swerve so that I'm sure to not hit it. The way I swerved caused my body to lock and I was flung off the bike. I hit the ground hard.

           My bike had crashed off into the woods. I tried to get up but the pain was killing me. I wondered had I just broken my back?

           Hours had gone by. Or it at least felt like it. I watch the sky grow darker and darker. Sadly, this was a back road. Only people leaving set usually took it to get to the main road without all the traffic.