Chapter 20 : Apology

Chapter 20

Later...   

Nick POV

I had such a hard time falling asleep because I was just so upset with what happened between Sebastian and Blaine today. Jeff decided to sleep in Blaine's room, so Sebastian slept in my room. 

I kept waking up, and when I looked over at Sebastian's bed, he was gone.

I sat up and turned on the lamp. I can't believe this is happening.

I grabbed my phone and called Sebastian. And thank god, he answered.

"Hello?"

"Sebastian, where the hell are you!? You promised you wouldn't leave!"

"I didn't leave, Nick. I'm in the boy's bathroom near the cafeteria."

"Why? Are you crying!?"

Sebastian hung up on me. I threw my phone down on my bed and got up. I'm so tired of this whole fight and all the problems and hurt feelings its causing.

I walked down the halls until I got to the boy's bathroom near the cafeteria. Sebastian was sitting on the floor in the corner near the sinks with his knees pulled to his chest, crying.

I sighed and sat down beside him. 

"Sebastian."

"I just can't stand it!"

"What?"

"I hate fighting with him! I hate that I hurt him! And I hate that I lose my temper so easily! I just hate myself!"

"Don't say that."

"But it's true! I'm such a horrible person!"

"You're not a horrible person, Sebastian. You're just going through a lot right now. Your parents suck, you're dealing with anorexia, and now you're fighting with your best friend. You just let your emotions get the best of you."

"Blaine probably hates me now."

"He doesn't, Sebastian. He just wants to be friends again. Really."

"But I hurt him, Nick! I hurt him!"

"I know. But I think Blaine understands that you're going through a lot, and maybe that's why you did it."

"He's going through a lot too though! And he didn't hurt me!"

"Sebastian. Look. You're both going through a lot. You're both stressed. And I think you both would just like to be friends again."

"I don't know how..."

"Just apologize, Sebastian."

"What if he's still mad at me?"

"I don't think he will be."

"Even though I hurt him?"

"Even though you hurt him."

Sebastian shut his eyes and laid his head on my shoulder, so I put my arm around him.

"Sebastian, it's going to be ok. Really. Just try to calm down."

"I'm just so upset with myself."

"How about we just go back to bed. You need sleep."

"No, I want to apologize now. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight if I don't. I'm so upset with what happened."

"Ok... I'll be in my dorm. If you want, you can send Jeff to my room."

"Ok. Thanks, Nick. And thanks for just being there for me."

"You're welcome."

Sebastian and I walked back to our dorms together. I got into bed and was about to fall back asleep when I heard the door open and Jeff appeared beside me.

"Scooch," Jeff said, pulling my blankets down.

"What?"

"I want to sleep here."

"Jeff, you have your own bed."

"I'm cold. I was next to Blaine and now I'm cold."

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine."

I moved over and Jeff got in beside me.

"Night," he said, burying his face in my side.

"Night, Jeff."

Blaine POV

"Blaine, wake up."

"Hmmm?"

"Wake up. We need to talk."

The lamp went on and I saw Sebastian.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"I don't know. It doesn't matter. We need to talk."

"Can it wait until morning?"

"No!"

Sebastian sat down beside me in bed.

"Look... Blaine, I'm really sorry for how I've been acting lately. And I'm sorry I haven't had a lot of patience. I don't even know what happened... I literally can't believe I pushed you on the ice and hurt you. You could've gotten hurt way worse. And I don't know what I would've done if something had happened to you, knowing I caused it..."

Sebastian broke down in tears. I wrapped my arms around him super tight and pulled him to me. He was literally shaking.

"Sebastian, it's ok. I forgive you," I said, softly.

"I just can't believe I did that!"

He cried into my shoulder. I just held him tight until he eventually calmed down again.

"Bastian, you're going through a lot right now. I understand that you don't have a lot of patience. But I think if we can just stop fighting, I can help you, ok? Whatever you need, just ask me."

"I don't want to fight with you anymore..."

"Can you just tell me what bothered you so much about me hanging out with Kurt? I just want to know so you don't blow up at me again."

"I don't know... I guess I just got jealous... You're my best friend, Blaine. I didn't want to lose you. I have nobody. You know that."

"You'll always have me. You're not going to lose me."

"Unless I hurt you!"

"That's why we're not going to fight anymore, ok? We can talk things out without fighting."

"Ok... I'm just scared I'm going to lose my temper."

"I'll help you, ok?"

"Ok..."

I pulled him down on my pillow beside me. I'm really tired and my head still hurts from earlier.

Sebastian just kind of curled up like Jeff had done earlier. I'm just glad that I finally have my best friend back.