Chapter 51 : Sebastian goes missing again

Chapter 51

The next day...  

Jeff POV

Nick and I went to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. When we got there, Kurt was already there.

"So did you guys make up last night?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah. We're good now," Nick said.

"I think things are good with Sebastian and Blaine too. They had a long talk last night," Kurt said.

"That's good. I just hope they stay on good terms for a while. They've been fighting a lot on and off this year," Nick said.

"Do you know why?" Kurt asked.

"I'm not sure. I think they're both struggling with their mental health, and maybe that's why. But I'm not sure."

Blaine joined us a few minutes later.

"Have you guys seen Sebastian this morning?" Blaine asked.

"No. He wasn't in your dorm?" Nick asked.

"Not when I woke up," Blaine said.

"Well should we be worried?" Kurt asked.

"I don't know. He seemed ok after we talked last night. But now I don't know why he's not around."

"Should we go look for him then?" Kurt asked.

"Probably. I don't know where he'd be though."

"I'll call him," I said, taking out my phone.

I called Sebastian. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the Warbler practice room, but don't-"

"Ok, thanks!" I said, hanging up.

"Where is he?" Blaine asked.

"Warbler practice room. But I don't think he wants us to come, so we should hurry before he tries to leave before we can get there."

We all got up and started running down the halls to the Warbler practice room. When we got there, we found Sebastian sitting on one of the couches with his arms crossed, as if he was expecting to see us.

"Wow, what a surprise," Sebastian said, sarcastically.

"We're just worried about you. Especially after last night," Blaine said.

"I'm fine. I'm just... feeling a little panicky like I was last night."

"Why? I thought we talked everything out."

"I know you said we'd figure it out if my parents got divorced and put me in the foster system, but I can't stop thinking about it and I want to get it figured out now so that if it does happen, I'm prepared."

"Whoa. What?" Nick asked.

"My parents might get a divorce because of me and my bad grades, and if they do, they might put me in the foster system and then I wouldn't be able to go to Dalton anymore."

"They might get divorced because of your grades?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah. I have like 2 C's or something dumb," Sebastian said.

"Why would they get a divorce over a couple of C's?" Nick asked.

"Because if my dad's stupid rich snobby business friends find out, they'll gossip about it and it's bad for business."

"And you don't think a divorce and giving up their son to the foster system is worse?" Nick asked.

"That's what I said last night," Blaine said.

"Look, I literally can't focus on raising those C's until I have a plan in place in case this all happens. Help me come up with something."

We all went over and sat down on the couch with Sebastian. We were able to all fit on the couch, but we were a little squished together.

"Well do you have any other family who might possibly be willing to adopt you if your parents don't want you?" Blaine asked.

"I have some family... But they're all snobby business people like my parents. I doubt they would take me... But maybe..."

"Maybe what?" Blaine asked.

"Ok so I used to have this babysitter when I was younger because obviously my parents didn't want to watch me or take care of me. And maybe I could try to contact her and see if she would adopt me and take me in."

"Do you really think she would?" Blaine asked.

"It's worth a shot, isn't it?"

"Sebastian, I'm just worried you're setting yourself up for disappointment."

"Why?"

"How many years older is your babysitter?"

"I don't know. Maybe 5 or 6 years."

"She's probably in college now. She might not even be in Ohio anymore. If she's in college, I doubt she has the time to go through a whole adoption, and even if she did, she's not going to be able to pay for you to go to Dalton."

"Well what if I got a scholarship like some of you guys did?"

"With C's for grades? I'm not sure."

Sebastian sighed. I was sitting next to him on one side, so I put my arm around him. He leaned into me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Well I don't know what to do then," he said quietly, sounding like he was on the verge of tears.

"We don't have to figure it out now. Why can't you just not worry about it until it happens? We don't even know for sure if it will or not," Blaine said.

"Because I can't focus on anything while I'm this anxious! I'm never going to be able to raise my grades!"

"Ok. We can try to figure something out, but it's going to take time to come up with a solution. It's not going to happen today. But we can work on it," Blaine said.

We all pulled Sebastian into a group hug. I just hope he's going to be ok. He doesn't seem to be handling his anxiety well.