Chapter 22 : Locked in the same room

Chapter 22

Sebastian POV      

"Seriously, Sebastian. What's your problem with me?" Kurt asked.

"I don't like you!" I shouted.

"Why?"

"I don't have to explain myself to you."

"Well we got assigned as partners on this project, so you need to get along with me for long enough for us to get this thing done!"

"You know, I'm willing to fail this thing just so I don't have to work with you."

"Ok, both of you just stop! This is getting ridiculous! I'm locking you guys in here and you're not allowed out until you finish your project," Blaine said.

He left, and I looked at Kurt.

"Are you going to kill me now?" Kurt asked.

I sighed.

"No," I mumbled.

"So can we please do this then?"

I looked up at Kurt, who looked back at me.

"What?" Kurt asked.

"I just..."

"Just what?"

"Never mind."

"Sebastian..."

"What?"

"Look... Blaine mentioned you were going through some stuff. If you need to talk-"

"You think I would talk to you about that stuff!?"

"Well... I mean, maybe if you had a problem with Blaine and you didn't want to talk to him since it involved him. I know you guys have been fighting lately."

"Blaine and I are fighting because of you."

"Because Blaine showed me around?"

"Yes. And because you got him a present for his birthday."

"Sorry I'm a nice person, Sebastian. But I haven't done anything wrong."

"You're stealing my best friend from me!"

"I'm not intentionally trying to do anything. Maybe if you were nicer, you wouldn't feel like you were losing Blaine as your best friend."

"Well sorry I'm not nicer, but if Blaine hasn't told you already, my life kind of sucks! My parents wish I didn't exist! Blaine is one of the only people I have! And I don't want to lose him!"

"Sebastian, you're not going to lose him. Blaine really cares about you."

"How would you know?"

"Because we've talked about you. And he's really worried about you."

I sighed.

"Sebastian, I don't want you to think I'm trying to steal Blaine from you. Look... I think it would be great if we could all just get along and be friends. Your closest friends are Blaine, Nick, and Jeff, right?"

I nodded.

"Ok, well what if you let me be your friend? Then I could help with whatever you need."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Ok, well I really don't want you to fight with Blaine on this. This issue is between you and me, ok? Not you and Blaine. Blaine thinks you're both triggering each other."

"What?"

"Like when you guys fight, Blaine blames himself for not being able to help you or not being a good enough friend and it makes him want to cut. And I would imagine fighting with Blaine is not helping your eating disorder."

I felt my cheeks go red.

"Sebastian, I just want to help. I don't like seeing people upset. I'm really trying to work things out between us, but if you don't want to, then there's nothing I can do."

"You don't understand how hard my life is!" I said, starting to cry.

"That's why I want to help. Because you're obviously stressed out and upset."

"You can't help! My parents will never want me! I'm always going to be bad at school. And I think I'm always going to have this stupid eating disorder!"

"Maybe I can't change what your parents think. But I can help you change your grades. And I can help you with your eating disorder."

"Why do you even care!? All I've been to you is mean, and you still want to help me."

"Because I understand why you're acting like this. After dealing with all of that and fighting with your best friend, of course you're not going to be happy. Anybody in your position would be upset."

I sighed and wiped the tears off my cheeks.

"Sebastian, I can help you if you just let me be your friend. Things will go so much smoother. We can work together on this project without fighting. I can be another friend you can turn to when you need something. Please."

Kurt put his hand on my hand. I stared down at our hands for about a minute before looking up at Kurt and slowly nodding.

"Ok, good. Now... Before we work on the project, is there anything you need that I can help you with?"

"Could you just get me a tissue?"

Kurt laughed.

"Yeah, sure," he said, getting up.

He gave me a tissue and I blew my nose.

"You ok now?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah, I think so... Thanks," I said, softly.

"You're welcome... Can I give you a hug?"

I smiled slightly.

"Sure."

Kurt hugged me tight. Maybe things will finally start to go better for me.

Jeff POV

"You just locked them both in there!? They're going to kill each other!" Nick said.

"I don't think they will. I think Sebastian will get tired of being mean," Blaine said.

"Unless he doesn't and just kills Kurt!" Nick said.

"I'm getting anxious," I said, softly.

"Don't. They'll be fine, Jeff," Blaine said, sitting down beside me.

"But-"

"If they're not, one of them will call or text me."

Blaine put his arm around me.

"I just want everyone to get along," I mumbled.

"I know. So do I," Blaine said.