17: Bradley's big buy.

Y/n's pov

Lucas started to shut the door but I stuck my foot out, stopping it from closing.

"Seriously, guys? Do you even remember what happened on the bloodstone pass?" I asked, annoyed.

Lucas and Mike gave me confused looks but Dustin's face lit up in familiarity.

"We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out, one by one-" Dustin continued.

"And it all went to shit! And we were all disabled!" Dustin and I said in unison.

"So we stick together. No matter what." I finished.

"Yeah, but, this is our party. Right here. No one else." Lucas said.

"El's one of us now." Mike commented.

"No! Not even close! She's a liar and a traitor!" Lucas shouted.

"She was trying to protect us! She didn't mean to hurt you, it was an accident!" Mike said.

"Accident?! Are you serious?!?" Lucas spat back.

"Accident or not.... admit it it was a little awesome." Dustin said.

"Awesome!?! I could have been killed!" Lucas yelled.

"She threw you in the air! With her MIND!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Which is exactly why we need her." I added.

"What? Were you seriously gonna take down the Demogorgon with your wrist rocket, Lucas?" I deadpanned.

"That's like R2-D2 going to fight darth Vader!" Dustin exclaimed.

"We're no use to Will if we're dead." I said loudly.

Lucas looked at us in disbelief.

"If you three wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, 'cause I'm not spending my time on her anymore! No way! I'm going to the gate. I'm gonna find Will!" Lucas yelled, then shut the door in our faces.

I sighed.

I knew we wouldn't be able to get Lucas to come look for her with us but it was worth a shot.

Dustin, Mike and I walked to our bikes and picked them up, getting on and biking away.

Maybe Lucas wasn't going to find El, but we were.

——

After a while of biking around town I spoke up.

"Man, this feels weird without Lucas." I said.

We were literally down to three party members.

"He should've shaken my hand." Mike said.

"He's just jealous." Dustin said.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked.

Dustin sighed. "Sometimes your total obliviousness just blows my mind."

Mike still looked confused.

"He's your best friend, right?" Dustin more said than asked.

"Well, yeah... I mean, I don't know." Mike said.

"It's fine, I get it." Dustin said. "I didn't get here until the fourth grade. He had the advantage of living next door. But none of that matters.

"What matters is that he is your best friend. And then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement and all you ever wanna do is pay attention to her." I added.

"That's not true!" Mike objected.

"Yes, it is. And you know it." Dustin said.

"And he knows it, but no one ever says anything until you both start punching and yelling at each other." I said.

"Like goblins with intelligence scores of zero." Dustin added on. "Now everything's weird."

"He's not my best friend." Mike said.

Dustin chuckled. "Yeah right."

"I mean, he is, but so are you. And so is Y/n. And so is will." Mike said.

"Cant have more than one best friend and I already called Y/n." Dustin said.

"Says who?" Mike asked.

"Says logic!" Dustin said.

"Well, I call bull on your logic. 'Cause you're both my best friends too." Mike smiled at us.

"Okay." Dustin gave in.

"Uh... guys?" He spoke unsurely.

"What?" Mike and I asked, stopping our bikes beside his.

He pointed to Bradley's big buy, a small grocery store, that had all of its windows shattered.

Not a single piece of glass was still attached to the window frame, it all lay on the ground in dangerous shards and police crowded around civilians.

"You don't think..." I trailed off.

"Definitely." Mike confirmed.

We rode our bikes around the store and into the woods behind it.

I hope we find her.

Word count: 452